5. I Found Him

Midoriya's POV

My parents were still out when I got home. I went up to my room and collapsed on my bed. I was so tired, so much had happened and I didn't know how to process it all.

Rolling over onto my back I hold my hand up above my head to look at the bracelet that Todoroki had given me. He said his mom had wanted him to give it to his mate, I wondered why. It was pretty, snowflakes dangled from the chain and glistened when the light hit them just right. It reminded me of winter, but not just the cold, everything that came with the season. Hot chocolate, skating, snowball fights and cuddling up near a fire with a good book.

"Oh yeah, he wanted me to text him when I got home," I muttered. I pulled out my phone, my thumb hovering over the contact.

Biting the bullet I clicked on his contact and started typing, sending the message before I could rethink.

-Todoroki Shoto-

Me:
Hey, you wanted me to text when I got home, I'm home.

There was a minute before he texted back, my heart doing an involuntary flutter when I saw his text.

Todoroki Shoto:
Good to hear, I'm happy you got home safe.

Me:
Thanks again for dinner, and the bracelet.

Todoroki Shoto:
No problem, we should do it again sometime.

I smiled at the text. I wouldn't admit it but I already missed him.

Me:
Are you asking me out on a date?

Todoroki Shoto:
Well, I wasn't going to just not ask you out after tonight.

I chuckled a little at his text. I could imagine the small smirk that was probably crossing his lips at this very moment.

Me:
So you are asking me on a date.

Todoroki Shoto:
Yes, I am asking you out on a date.
Maybe to the movies, or dinner again, or even just walking through the park. I want to get to know you better.

Me:
I guess I got to give you a fighting chance since I still haven't fallen in love yet.

Todoroki Shoto:
I think you have fallen in love already.

Me:
You do, do you?

Todoroki Shoto:
Yeah, I just have the feeling. Must be our soulmate link or something.

I roll my eyes at my phone, letting out a soft chuckle.

Me:
Right, soulmate link.

Todoroki Shoto:
So is that a yes to the date?

Me:
Yes, that is a yes.

Todoroki Shoto:
Are you free on Thursday? I'll pick you up for our date.

Me:
Oh, you're waiting for Thursday? You seemed pretty eager I thought you would want to do it tomorrow.

Todoroki Shoto:
I was just giving you a few days to get ready, but if you are truly that eager then yes we can have our date tomorrow.