7. Meeting the Family

Midoriya's POV

I hated ending the date early, but there was no way I could be out right now without thinking of Yuuma and I knew that would make it hard for me to do anything. I just needed to be home right now, where I knew I was safe.

Even though Todoroki told me not to apologize for the date I still did. He walked me to the door and I hesitated for a moment, turning to look at him again. "Thanks for taking me to the movies," I said forcing myself to bring my eyes up to his. "I'm sorry we had to end it short," I said.

Before he said anything I put my hands on his shoulders to pull him down a little and kissed him on the cheek. Without a word, I headed inside before he could say anything.

I felt my face starting to heat up as I closed the door, leaning against it for support. Why was I getting so flustered over a small peck on the cheek? I don't know.

I ran a hand over my face and pushed off the door when I heard footsteps coming downstairs.

"Oh Izuku, you're home early," my mom said smiling brightly. "Did you have fun on your date?"

"Yeah, I did," I said smiling a little. She took my hands and pulled me into the kitchen to boil water for tea.

"Tell me about this Todoroki guy," mom said smirking a little. "Isn't his father the CEO of some big company?" She asked.

"Uhh yeah." I could feel my face flush a deep red. "I met him last night, h-he's my- my soulmate," I stammered out.

Mom's face lit up, her eyes sparkled. "Oh sweetie I'm so happy for you," she said coming over to pinch my cheeks as she used to when I was younger. "I know you said you didn't want to find your mate, and I still don't know why, but I'm happy you put yourself out there."

Yeah, that's right, I never told my parents about Yuuma. They have no idea why I stopped wanting to find my mate. They don't know about what happened, both my parents were out of town.

"I... I am too," I told the truth. I scratched at my arm nervously. I wasn't sure why I was nervous though. "He's sweet, I'm lucky."

I heard the kettle go off and mom poured two cups of tea. "I was expecting you two to be out later, where did you go?" She asked.

I explained the date, I left out the fact that Yuuma showed up and said that Todoroki had a family thing he had to help with. Thankfully she believed me and didn't ask too many more questions. Minus the encounter, I did have a good time.

"Will I get to have a proper conversation with him soon? You rushed him out of the house this morning and I barely even said hello."

"Are you going to tell embarrassing stories and show him my naked baby photos?" I asked back, sipping my drink.

Mom just smiled playfully. "I'm your mother and I love you, what else do you expect me to do?"

I groaned and leant my head against the table. Mom just laughed and rubbed my back. I was having a hard enough time with this already I didn't want to add embarrassment on top of it, I did that enough myself already. "If you don't do anything embarrassing I'll bring him over soon," I said not thinking too far into this.

Having Todoroki over for more than just a pick-up or drop-off would be a big step for me and I had to make sure I was ready before it happened. He would be invited into the house and this was my safe space.

"Mmm no promises," mom said smirking a little.

"What aren't you promising?" I heard my dad's voice come from behind me. I turn to see him in his work suit, he must have just gotten home. My dad had blond hair and dark eyes, he was very tall and if I didn't know him so well I would probably be scared of him, but he's sweet and makes my mom happy so that's all that mattered.