16. Mom and friend

Midoriya's POV

Todo and I had plans for today, I was going to meet his mom and then we were going to go out. The details were being held secret from me since Todo seemed to like trying to surprise me, but that was ok. It was sort of fun not knowing where we were going till we got there.

Though at the moment, I was not having fun, I was freaking out.

"Your mom's going to hate me," I voiced my worry as Todo drove us to the psychiatric ward that she had been admitted to. Did the fact that she had to live in a psych ward put my thoughts at ease? No, but Todo said that she would have been released years ago if it weren't for his father, so I think it was safe to say she was mentally stable.

"She's not going to hate you," Todo told me for the fourth time that car ride.

"You don't know that," I mumbled looking out the window.

"Yes, I do-"

"But I'm just a useless omega, your amazing and kind and so patient with me and she'll see that you deserve so much better than me."

Todo sighed and I saw him turn on the blinker before pulling to the side of the road with his 4 ways on. A flash of panic that I knew was misplaced washed over me before I managed to beat it down and brush it away.

Todo turned so his whole body was facing me, using his left hand to lightly tilt my head to look at him. He gave me a small reassuring smile. "You are amazing too, ok? And you're far from useless. If anything it's the other way around and I don't deserve an angel like you." His thumb drew small light circles on my cheek.

My face flushed a dark red as I looked up at his two-toned eyes. I pulled back from the alpha's hand and looked to the side trying to hide my blush at least a little. "You can't just say stuff like that," I mumble, bringing my hands up to cover my face. "I-I'm not an angel."

I heard Todo chuckle lightly before I felt him lean over and kiss the top of my head. "To me, you are an angel." He turned back to the front of the car, turning off his 4 ways and pulling back onto the highway. "There's nothing you need to worry about, mom will just be happy to meet my mate and have someone else join her family."

I fiddled with the bracelet that Todo had given me the night we met. "I want to believe you, but everything in me is saying that she's not going to think I'm good enough for you," I mumbled.

"Mido, you are everything I could have asked for and more, and even if my mom thinks you're not good enough, which she won't, I'll be there telling her she's wrong."

I gave a small nod. I knew for a fact that Todo had a much better relationship with his mother than his father, and he had said before that he wasn't one to get into arguments with her, so him saying that did help a little. "Ok..."

The drive was relatively quiet the rest of the way, I spent my time trying and failing to get my nerves under control. I'm pretty sure Todo could sense I was becoming distressed because he placed one of his hands lightly on my knee and gave it a small reassuring squeeze before whispering a small "it'll all be fine." I don't know if he was doing it on purpose but the alpha was also letting out a calming scent.

Todo walked me inside, holding my hand and rubbing small circles with his thumb. He said a quick hello to the lady at the front desk, who seemed to know him well because she called him by his first name before I was lead to the right room.

We stopped in front of the room and Todo let me have a moment to try to collect my thoughts. "Ready?" He asked me.

It should not be this nerve-wracking to meet his mom, but it was. I was so scared I could barely manage a small "yeah."