9. Good Friends

Midoriya's POV

"Izu, I'm so sorry I didn't pick up last night, is everything ok?" Ochako asked when she called me back that morning. I had slept much better after I talked with Todoroki, and I hadn't thought much about the incident either.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I had that nightmare again, but I called Todoroki and he helped," I said as if it was nothing.

"Wait, you called Todoroki?" Ochako asked. "Man he's already taking all of my jobs as your best friend," she said. I had a feeling she was rolling her eyes and laughed a little.

"He's not taking all you're jobs," I said with a laugh. "He was just the only other person I could think to call."

"Well, I need to have a talk with him about his responsibilities as your mate since I'm your best friend and he needs to know the lengths I would go to keep you safe."

"Like nearly forking out a guy's eye," I muttered. "Ochako, I love you, and I'd do anything to keep you safe as well, but I don't know if you have to threaten Todoroki," I laughed.

"I'm not going to threaten him, I'm just going to make sure he knows what he's getting into."

"Right and that's not going to involve threatening."

"You can't blame me, you've been through too much, and you are too pure to go through it again," she said sadly.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say," I laughed. I honestly didn't understand why she went through so much trouble for me, it had been like this since we were kids. She was always the one protecting or standing up for me, it happened so much that I was very shocked when we found out our second genders and we were both omega's. After what happened with Yuuma though, she became so much more protective and worried way too much over me.

I heard Ochako sigh. "You are too good for this world," she muttered. "I wonder if god's missing any angels cuz I think I found one."

My cheeks got hotter. "O-Ochako, y-you know I don't know how to react to that stuff!" I said getting very flustered.

"You are an angel and you can't deny it no matter how hard you try." I groaned a little and shook my head. "Ok but back to Todoroki, you're opening up to him! That's great!"

I hummed a little. "It's sorta hard not to, he's just so easy to talk to. And it doesn't help that all my instincts are telling me to go to him," I muttered the last part.

"I told you he wasn't going to be like you know who and I'm right, so... I told you so," she said laughing.

"It's only been a week, I don't know him all that well yet," I said. "We don't know if he's gonna be like Yuuma," I said so quietly I almost didn't hear what I said.

"Mhhhh but I'm still right, I talked with him for like a minute the night you guys met and I could already tell he was different," Mina said I could hear the smile in her voice and I had a feeling she was spinning around in her swivel chair. "You liiiiiikkkeeee him and there no denying it!"

I sighed hearing my mom call me from downstairs. "Go patronize someone else, I have to go, I'll talk to you later."

"Bye angel." I could hear the smirk in her voice and I turned off the phone before she could say anything else. I buried my face in my hands for a moment, trying to get rid of the blush.

I ran downstairs to see my mom struggling to Cary groceries into the house. I took a few bags from her and helped carry everything to the kitchen.

Not too long after I finished helping my mom I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I was expecting for it to be Ochako trying to get me all flustered again but this time it was Todoroki. I couldn't help but smile.