Library Love- Ponyboy Curtis

"Excuse me? Miss?" A boy tapped your shoulder. You turned to look at him. He was cute, he had bleached blonde hair, gray-green eyes, and a real nice smile. "Can I help you?" He asked. You cleared your throat and nodded. "Yeah, actually. I'm looking for a book." He chuckled, and rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, that's usually why people come to the library." You giggled. He was funny too. "I'm looking for something special. Got any ideas?" He shrugged. "Well, what is it that you like?" You paused for a moment. "I like historical fiction." His eyes lit up, like a puppy who had just heard the word "ball." "Really? Me too!" He exclaimed with a small jump.

His sudden outburst of excitement was met with an angry chorus of "Shhh". "Sorry," he half whispered. You just smiled. "Can you give me some recommendations? What's your favorite book?" He looked off dreamily. "Gone With the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell." He was smart too? This boy was perfect."I've wanted to read that one for a long time, help me find a copy?" He shook his head with a slight grin. "I would, but there's just one problem. I've got the library's copy." "Oh," you giggled. He started to blush, clearing his throat. "But you can come over and we can read it together if you want." You smiled from ear to ear. "Yeah, I'd like that."

You looked up at the clock and sighed. "Well, it was nice to meet you, but I've got to get going. See you around-" He winced as you read his name tag. The words Ponyboy Curtis were written neatly on the tag. Curtis, why did that name sound familiar? "Ponyboy Curtis." You finished. "Nice name." He winked, relieved. "Hey, I don't think I ever got yours."
"It's (Y/N), (Y/N) Matthews."

He stopped suddenly. "Matthews? Like Two Bit Matthews?" It all came back to you then. Curtis, Two Bit was in the Curtis gang. But the young, sweet boy in front of you didn't look like he could possibly lead a gang. "Yeah, he's my brother." You answered. Pony smiled. "Well, now I know you know where my brothers and I live."

Brothers. He has two older brothers. "Don't be a stranger. Maybe you can hang around with us more often." He laughed slightly and said jokingly, "You know, I never thought I'd see the day where I'd meet a Matthews who likes to read." You laughed too. "Yeah, Two is something special. You're funny like him." His face got red. "Well golly, thank you." You brushed his shoulder playfully. "Let's hope that's where the resemblance stops." He laughed. His laugh was absolutely adorable. You grabbed his hand, took the pen from your pocket and wrote your number on his arm. "Okay, I'll see ya. Call me." You waved as you walked away. "Bye," He waved back.

Pony walked by the front desk, carrying a stack of books to be put away. "Who was that? A friend?" The librarian asked, noticing the number scribbled on his arm, and the beam on his face. "Nah, just a girl who likes to read." She raised her eyebrows. "You know we have three available copies of Gone With the Wind, right?" He grinned sheepishly, his ears bright red.

"Yeah, I know."