Telephone- Sodapop Curtis

(A/N): (Y/BFF/N) stands for your best friends name :)
Happy reading!

Soda was sprawled out on your bed, reading your magazines and staring at the posters on your wall as he waited for you impatiently. You hummed along with The Beatles songs coming from your record player as you curled your hair.

Interrupting the sweet music was the screeching telephone's ring. "Baby, the phone!" Soda called, hopping up to turn down the music. "Soda would you get it for me? I'm almost done with my hair." Soda hesitated before he replied "Uh yeah, okay sure." Though he was still unsure. He picked up the phone tentatively. "Hello?" "Hi, (Y/N)? It's me, (Y/BFF/N). I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight? Maybe hit the movies or something?" Your best friend asked with an excited giggle.

Soda cupped his hand over the bottom end of the phone. "Babydoll, its (Y/BFF/N). Wants to know if you're free to hang out tonight." You peeked your head out of the bathroom with a smile. "Well you can go ahead and tell them I'll be with my boyfriend." Wearing his signature Hollywood grin he replied to your best friend with a nervous chuckle. "Sorry, but she's busy today." And with that, he hung up the phone.

You came out of the bathroom to see him wearing the biggest smile you had ever seen. "You look radiant." He said, twirling you around. You giggled, blushing. "What's got you so happy?" He looked down at his feet and rubbed his neck. "Sandy, she uh.. she never let me answer her phone." He gave you a kiss on the cheek. You gasped dramatically, knowing what he was getting at. "Sodapop Curtis! I could never cheat on you!" "I know!" He exclaimed. He took your hand and rubbed his thumb over yours. "I know you'd never cheat on me. It's just, well, there's always been a part of me that can't help but doubt it, you know? I mean I didn't think Sandy would ever cheat on me either." He smiled and looked at you as though you were the most beautiful thing he had ever laid eyes on. "Now I know for sure I'll never get hurt like that again. And that's nice (Y/N), real nice."