Chapter 16

(Mount Glenn, Vale Outskirts)

Albert dropped down into the hole and he set down Zwei onto the ground next to him. "Maybe we should send a message to the rest of RWBY, we might need back up." Nina states in concern as Albert picks up Falling guillotine which he dropped earlier. "Yeah...alright." Albert states as he picks up Zwei. "Alright, Zwei listen to me.." Albert states as he looks into Zwei's beady eyes as he sticks his tongue out in a dog smile. "I need you to go get the rest of team RWBY and Oobleck. You got that?" Albert asked the dog. "Tell me you got that" Albert repeated himself as Zwei gave him a bark of acknowledgement. Albert chuckled, "good boy" Albert states calmly as he tosses Zwei up the hole. "Well it's just us down here." Nina states calmly. "I don't think so.." Albert said calmly as he looked at the fresh tracks nearby. "Looks like there was a struggle.." Albert mutters aloud as he looks around the necropolis.

"Ruby's in here somewhere....and this must be the base of operations for the white fang.." Albert states aloud as he continues onto a vantage point to see the greater extent of the lost city. "It's massive...Ruby could be anywhere" Nina mutters, "I'm getting a bad vibe from this place.." Albert mutters, "It feels like we are in a Darkness zone...yet...I don't think we are" Albert calmly mentions as he looks around trying to find Ruby. "It doesn't seem we are in a Darkness zone persay, but it looks like the hive nest we dealt with earlier attaches with this, so this could mean....I mean we've seen Roman working with Sarvack before." Nina said. "Yeah...let's continue deeper" Albert said as he readies his Bad JuJu. He hops down and slides down a building and continues to look around. "hmmmm....I wonder..maybe she might be right around this corner-" Albert was cut off by a large group, including Roman. "WOW! You are so much more manageable without your oversized gardening tool." Roman said with a bit of laughter.

Albert got his rifle ready as he was watching Ruby struggle against Roman, he got the crosshair of his Bad JuJu dead centered on Roman's head, but he was brought back when he heard a massive explosion come from the other side of him as he watches the rest of team RWBY and Oobleck plowing through. Zwei runs up to Albert wagging his tail and panting, Albert proceeds to pet zwei. "Good boy," Albert said as he picked up Zwei and placed him on his shoulder. He runs after the rest of the group as he watches Ruby get tossed aside and given back to RWBY; he runs past all the group as the enemy starts to make their move. "Get to your places we are leaving!" Roman yelled over the loudspeaker. Albert was moving in as he noticed some things were pinging off his armor. He pulls out his void shield as he continues to run, as he continues he notices that he's being fired at by the Fang. He puts Zwei into his jacket, "sorry buddy I know it's cramp but it's safer" Albert states as he hops onto the train.

He watches as the rest hops on. He helps each member up onto the train. Oobleck takes a couple of them out and they start clearing out the train cars. "Hurry! We must get to the front and stop the train!" Oobleck yells. "uhhhh...Professor....Albert?" Weiss asks as both of them look over at her. As Oobleck corrects her, Albert tosses a white fang member off the train and walks over. All of them are looking at a device in the train car. "Well that looks like a bomb if you ask me.." Albert states bluntly. Everyone looks at him. Ruby laughs nervously. "Well it can't be a bomb right Doctor...?" Ruby asked. "Nope..he's totally right...that is what appears to be a Bomb" Oobleck states as he rubs his chin while Team RWBY proceeds to panic. They all turn, "We got tangos dead ahead" Albert states readying his rifle,but suddenly the bomb activates. "And they said cabal bombs would make bad training devices" Nina states mocking the booming titan. Albert chuckled but sighed. "Not right not Niners all of us are kind of gonna die" Albert states calmly. But suddenly the caboose detaches. "What!?" Blake yells in confusion.

Albert looks back to see the caboose gone back, but his attention was brought back to Blake when she opened the next car. "IT'S ANOTHER BOMB!" She yelled which brought worry to both Albert and Oobleck. "No..no...no..." oobleck stated as he ran a few cars ahead and then back to the main group. "THERE ALL FILLED WITH BOMBS" Oobleck states. "Well that's unfortunate..." Albert states as Zwei pops out of his jacket and onto the train car. Albert hears the explosion in the background and then he looks forward to seeing the White fang again. "THERE LEADING GRIMM TO THE CITY!" Oobleck yells as Albert raises his rifle and begins to engage the enemy. Then suddenly a couple of Paladins came out onto the battlefield as the group began to divide and conquer. Albert cracks his knuckles and charges and he headbutts one of the Paladins off the train and Oobleck blazes the other off, they look and nod at each other as they continue. Soon enough Albert and Ruby meet up with the rest of Team RWBY at the front of the train. "What do we do?!" Blake asked with concern as they noticed the wall in front of them. Albert walks inside of the small huddled group, and he grabs all of them and pulls them as close as they could be. "ALBERT WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Weiss asked, shocked. "Doing what a guardian does best...protecting people.." Albert said as he summons a small bubble around them as it turns white.

-To be continued. 

(A/N: Sorry for the content drought, I had a lot going on in my life the past couple of weeks, and I had some motivation to write and will probably start writing the next chapter as soon as this goes up. But yeah as Always I hope you enjoy and thanks for  1.5k reads- Kazumi)