Chapter 24

(outside of The Dinning hall of Beacon Academy)
Blake and Adam were circling each other. "Running away again? Is that all your good at my love? You are just a simple coward." Adam states calmly looking at Blake. "Why! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS!" Blake yells at her former partner. "YOU AND I WERE GOING TO CHANGE THE WORLD! WE WERE DESTINED TO LIGHT THE FLAMES OF REVOLUTION!" Adam states out sternly as he pulls his blade, he looks upon a student. "Consider this a spark" He states as he prepared to stab the student for Blake to change in and block it, giving the student a chance to run. "I...AM NOT RUNNING" Blake yelled as Adam only gave a smirk, "oh but you will..." He mutters as he looks at her, only to kick her. (Outside at Beacon's courtyard) CFVY, SSSN, and many others were fighting off Grimm and Paladins/white fang alike. Ren, Nora, Coco, Velvet, and Weiss all look at the increasing Paladins. "Well this isn't good." Coco mutters. "Vel, it's time" Coco states calmly with an excited Velvet. "What are you doing? She's going to get hurt!" Weiss states in worry, with Coco only giving a smile. "Just watch," She boasts. Velvet holds out her hands as suddenly Albert's Burning maul forms into her hand, grabbing it she then jumps into the air and smashes down the paladin, she imitates Albert's dodging spin and smash down blunt damaging the Paladin. She then forms Falling Guillotine, and begins to cut at the Paladin.

She then proceeds to take out the Paladin with the rest of Team RWBY's mimic weapons. As Velvet takes a moment she is sucker punched back by one of the paladins causing her to fly back. She hit the ground hard, "VELVET!" Coco yelled as she unloaded onto the Paladins. Before anyone could react they see a flaming hammer hit the Paladin causing it to implode on itself. They all turned to Albert, who was basically on fire, each of his footsteps practically shook the ground. He began his charge slowly as the two remaining Paladins got ready for the attack, his hammer changed into the Burning maul and he proceeded to cut them down. (On the airship) Ruby was currently fighting it out with Roman and Neo. "Lil'Red you are just determined to be the Hero in this story aren't you!" Roman states calmly as he continues his attack on Ruby. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITHOUT THESE SHIPS THE GRIMM WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING!" Ruby yells at her enemy. "Then...it would be all going according to plan." Roman states with a grin. "BUT WHY! What do you have to gain from this?!" Ruby pleaded to Roman. "Red...red..you're asking all the wrong questions...it's not what i have to gain. It's something that I can't afford to lose." Roman states as they continue to fight. As ruby then has to switch to combat with Neo, "You can't beat them Red, Not even your little light bearers can." Roman states, "and you know how the saying goes...if you can't beat'em..." Before Roman could finish Ruby opens up the parasol causing Neo to go flying. "NEO!" Roman yells out in anger. "I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY ROMAN! WE WILL STOP YOU NO MATTER WHAT!" Ruby yelled. Roman then proceeds to beat down Ruby. Roman then stood atop of Ruby. "You got spirit red...and I can appreciate that from you..but this is the real world.." Roman begins. "THE REAL WORLD IS COLD! THE REAL WORLD DOESN'T CARE ABOUT SPIRIT! You wanna be a hero! THEN PLAY THE PART AND DIE LIKE EVERY OTHER ONE IN HISTORY!" Roman yells out as he beats down Ruby. "AS FOR ME! I'LL SURVIVE!" Roman yelled in victory. Just as he was about to do one final blow to Ruby he was swallowed up by an Alpha Griffon.

(back at beacon)

Yang runs up to Sun, Weiss, and the others. "Has anyone heard from ruby!?" Yang asked Weiss, who nodded no in response. "What about blake?!" Yang asked desperately. Weiss pointed, "She went over there after an Alpha, and a couple of White Fang Members" Weiss states as Yang runs off in that direction. As Jaune, Pyrrha and Ozpin continue down into the vault, They reach the machines. "What? WHO!" Juane asked. "Jaune.." Pyrrha stated with compassion. "PYRRHA THE POD GETS TO IT NOW!" Ozpin states with haste. "Mr.Arc, If you'd like to help then stand guard!" Ozpin states, As Pyrrha gets the pod she looks at Ozpin. "What do we do now?" Pyrrha asked in concern. "We...do nothing" Ozpin states frantically typing on a holographic keyboard. "You however have to make a choice." Ozpin states looking at Pyrrha. (back to Blake) "THIS COULD HAVE BEEN OUR DAY!" Adam yells at Blake. "I NEVER WANTED THIS I JUST WANTED EQUALITY AND PEACE!" Blake yelled back at her former partner as they exchanged blows. "What you want is impossible..." Adam states calmly "But..I understand..as all I want is you.." Adam states looking at Blake, he then proceeds to disarm her and kick her down. "And I will make it my mission...to destroy everything you love.." Adam states cruelly. "BLAKE!" Yang shouts. "And I'll start with her.." Adam mutters. (back with Jaune and Pyrrha.) "Are you ready?!" Ozpin asked Pyrrha who nodded. "Thank you Miss Nikos" Ozpin states with a slight smile. As the Aura's begin to transfer Pyrrha's wails could be heard through the hallways. But suddenly an Arrow hit Amber's pod impaling her. Ozpin And Jaune turn to see Cinder fall Standing at the end of the hall. (back to Blake, Yang, and Adam)

Adam Looks and stabs Blake in her abdomen causing her to scream out in pain catching Yang's attention. "Huh!?" Yang looks over. Yang's eyes turned red with anger. "GET AWAY FROM HER" She states as she lunges and charges Adam. "no.." Blake pleads as she reaches out her hand. Adam smiles as he had sheathed his sword, and at the point Adam proceeds to cut her arm clean off. This causes Yang's whole body to go limp. Blake Cries out for her friend and partner. Adam then turns to look at his hand work only to get hurt by a blast of what he could describe as burning hot void energy. He looks behind him to see the Warlock Gevatter Tod holding Ruinous Effigy, it's barrel smoking. He sighed. "You are no fun Reaper....I'll let my friend handel this.." Adam states as he walks away as Sarvack himself summons in front of the group. Gevatter growls in frustration as Blake cradles Yang. "BLAKE!" Gevatter yells to her as he swoops in and grabs her and Yang away from an incoming attack. He set them down close to an exit, "Take her and leave...Run as fast as you can to the nearest help" Gevatter states as he looks into Blake's amber eyes. She looks up at Gevatter with tears in her eyes. "What about you?" Blake asked as she still was cradling Yang in her arms. "Don't worry about me..I've battled way worse..This guy will be a piece of cake" Gevatter said, trying to ensure the shaken teen. Blake gets Yang up and runs. "So...Sarvack...this is where it ends...no more running...Either you die...or I die killing the both of us.." Gevatter states as Sarvack raises his Ax ready for battle.

The two begin to clash. Void light and explosions here and there. Gevatter got the beast down to quarter health. He could feel his light fading from remnant, returning to his real body in the Hellmouth at the small portal. "Schatten...Ingage das Manhattan-Protokoll.." Gevatter states with heavy breathing. "bist du sicher? es wird dazu führen, dass Ihre leichte Kopie implodieren wird. Wir wissen nicht einmal, wie groß der Explosions-Radius sein wird!" (Are you sure? it will cause your light copy to implode..we don't even know how big the blast radius will be!) Schatten asked concern. Gevatter chuckled. "I know it will be enough to kill this bastard.." Gevatter states with confidence. "in Ordnung ... wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite Wächter." (Alright...see you on the other side, guardian.) Schatten stated staying loyal to his guardian. Gevatter smiles as his ghost vanishes permanently back to his body on Luna. He then turns his head and attention to Sarvack, Who was towering right in front of him. Gevatter struggled but he stood up. He then ran and jumbled clinging onto Sarvack, the beast tried to fling him off yet was unsuccessful, it then felt the heat of the Guardians light starting to burn into it. Sarvack realized what the Guardian was doing and was now desperately trying to get him off. "Wir sehen uns in der Hölle, du Schweinehund" Gevatter stated calmly as the two were engulfed by light causing a similar explosion to when a ghost exploded but much much more deadlier. It was felt throughout the battlefield. Nina and Albert turn to see the mushroom cloud forming from that part of the beacon. Albert imeadly put his hand to his comm. "Gevatter, Gevatter do you copy what the hell was that?" Albert asked.

No response. He tried over and over but the feed was dead. "Nina what happened!?" Albert asked his ghost. Nina stared at him. "He activated the Manhattan protocol." Nina states calmly. "IS SCHATTEN OKAY?" Albert asked concerned. "Yes...he went back to Gevatter's real body back on Luna, he said they're fine but his light is dwindling, and he had to escape the Hellmouth and is meeting with Ash to take the fight to savathûn and communicate with the darkness." Nina states calmly. Albert sighed in relief knowing his friend was safe.

(Back with Ozpin and Jaune)

Pyrrha pounds on the glass as the orange energy goes back to Amber and then to Cinder. Cinder then becomes engulfed in power and smiles as Jaune charges her, causing Pyrrha to pound even harder on the glass. Cinder simply tosses a fireball at Jaune causing him to go flying back. "JAUNE!" Pyrrha yelled through the glass, finally Pyrrha uses her semblance to rip the hinges off the pod's doors and gets out only to be stopped by Ozpin. "Take Jaune and go as fast as you can. Find Glynda, Ironwood, or Qrow bring them here right away! The Tower can't fall!" Ozpin states. "But I want to Help!" Pyrrha pleads to her headmaster. Ozpin sighs with a sadden smile. "You'll only get in the way.." He replies to his student. Pyrrha hesitates but she nods and grabs Jaune and continues to run away as fast as she can. Cinder stares at Ozpin. "She was right this whole time..right under our feet.." She looks at Ozpin who only grips his cane into a fighting stance. "Such..arrogance." Cinder states with malice.

To be continued