~23~

Death's heels click against the smooth floors as she walks down the hall. For once she's not riding her skateboard through the halls. She bites her lip excitedly as she knocks on an office door.
Death waits for the door to open. She plays with her chained pants.
The door opens up and Death's smile grows even wider.

"Hello Death, how may I help you?" Ms. Johnson says coldly.

Death grins, "I have something to talk to you about."

Ms. Johnson nods and steps aside so Death can walk through the door. She looks around the office, taking everything in. There's many plaques hang on the walls. Awards for successful magazine covers and photoshots. Death smirks mischievously as Ms. Johnson sits down at her desk.

"What did you have to tell? Hurry up, I have things to do," Ms. Johnson says with an unamused look on her face.

"Don't worry this won't take long," Death smirks.

Ms. Johnson motions for her to take a seat but Death shakes her head.
She digs through her bag and pulls out a folder. Death grins as she places it in front of Ms. Johnson.

"What is this?" Ms. Johnson asks as she peers down at the folder.

"Oh just some legal documents, resignation papers, those sort of things," Death shrugs as she rocks on her heels.

Ms. Johnson looks at Death nervously before opening the file slowly.

"You know. You've really gotten yourself into a pickle," Death smiles as Ms. Johnson's eyes go wide.

"Please don't do this," she begs as she looks up at Death with pleading eyes.

Death cackles and places her hands on the desk.

"You knew this was bound to happen eventually," she chuckles as she looks at the papers proudly.

"Death, you can't leave. We need you, we-," Ms. Johnson panics.

"No! You don't need me. You're just trying to save your company. It's too late for that," Death yells as she picks up the folder.

Ms. Johnson shakes her head.

"If this is about what happened with Jack and Winter. I swear I can fire him and-," she starts.

"You're too late," Death says softly as she looks around the room.

"And this goes beyond the Winter and Jack situation. For years you've been trying to fire me, for no reason besides hate," Death says as she runs her tongue over her teeth.

"I'll make this real simple for you," Death growls, her eyes narrowing.

Ms. Johnson shakes her head.

"Please! I know we haven't been the kindest to you or the most ethnical but we can change," Ms. Johnson rambles.

Death smiles as she looks at all of the awards.

"It's a shame. This was a good business. I mean look at all the things you've accomplished," Death grins as she waved towards the award plaques, "it's too bad that people will only remember you as the company who supported abusers and used unethical  practices to control their workers."

Ms. Johnson frowns.

"Death. We can figure something out. I can give you a raise or a promotion," Ms. Johnson panics as she runs her fingers through her hair.

Death smiles as she watches her freak out. Death has been waiting for this moment for several years.

"You know what I want?" Death questions as she places her hands on the desk and her face close to Ms. Johnson's.