Forty-One

Chapter 41
Mysterio

_______________♤♧◇♡♤_______________

Venice, Italy...

It wasn't long before the flight to Venice, Italy ended. Margot Morena walked alongside Brad Davis, snickering to herself as she watched him flex his masculine chest out in front of her through his thin t-shirt, while proudly bragging about how much he worked out each day. The two teenagers had been talking on the plane for hours and watching movies all night together. Peter Parker, who now made an entrance into the Lobby room, couldn't help but find himself stalking his eyes across the room towards the two giggling teenagers, plowing in their own little world. Almost making him feel even more upset than he already was. It was already bad enough that he didn't get the chance to sit with her on the flight. 

"I've been working for these pumps for about six months." Brad recalled, smirking with delight as he turned to face Margot. "Don't mean to brag." 

Margot chuckled. "Yet, that is exactly what you're doing." 

He shrugged. "What can I say? I'm just the best on the team… maybe you should be open to dating a Jock." 

She blinked at his response. "Come again?" 

"Margot! I have something important to tell you!" Betty Brant, who came sprinting over to Margot squealed, grinning wide as she finally approached her, immediately gaining her attention away from Brad. "You're not gonna believe this!" 

Before Margot could even get a say in the matter, she soon found herself getting dragged away from Brad by her friend, who only sent the Jock a sheepish grin before rushing off to talk with the raven girl. 

"What was so important that you had to drag me?" Margot questioned, chuckling in exchange.

"So you know that guy -- Ned Leeds --  with a hat on his head, who hangs out with Peter?" Betty asked, clanging her arm around Margot's own as they walked side-by-side. 

Margot nodded. "Of course. He's my friend, why?" 

"We're dating!"

The raven-haired girl's eyes instantly went wide in shock. "Whoa! Seriously? But… I thought nerds weren't your type?" 

"Things change, Mags," Betty pointed out, laughing to herself. "Plus, Ned's just really an amazing guy! He's so sweet!" 

"Well, I gotta admit, I'm happy for you, B." Margot sweetly commented, a vibrant smile appearing on her face. 

"Speaking of dating…" Betty started, a sly grin forming at the end of her lips as she playfully nudged Margot's elbow, "What's up with you and Brad Davis, huh?"