Nineteen

Chapter 19
Toxic

_______________♤♧◇♡♤____________

"Good morning, Margot!" Pepper, who crouched over the stove in the kitchen, whipping up a skillet of eggs and bacon for breakfast, while stretching out her neck to see Margot making an entrance exclaimed, grinning wide. "Come have a seat, I'm making you breakfast, so you don't starve yourself on the way to school." The prissy, raven-haired girl had unfortunately stayed the night over at her father's penthouse, and she was surprised to find out that she had her own bedroom, which was painted a magenta purple, and was as big as Mount Rushmore. (A big improvement from her old room back at her apartment that was cramped and designed for a kid recently. The whole penthouse was large.) The scent of salty, and sizzling bacon reached Margot from the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'm good," the raven-haired snob replied, lacing her hair coiled demurely at the nape of her neck with her hand, causing the woman to frown. "I'll just have coffee."

"Okay, well..." Pepper started, turning the knob of the stove off and placing the skillet on the counter, "how do you like your coffee."

"Black." Margot answered plainly, setting herself down on the bar stool in front of the counter. She then watched Pepper furrow her brow at her as she poured her a cup of steaming, hot coffee from the coffee machine, and slid it over to her. And that was when awkwardness began to fill the air, as neither knew what to say to each other next.

Pepper then awkwardly rubbed the back of her neck. "So, um... how were the Decathlon nationals, huh? I heard you and your teammates won."

"The what?" Margot started to ask, almost forgetting that she never attended the nationals, but she of course couldn't tell her that since it was supposed to be a secret, and she watched Pepper begin to stare at her with suspicion. "Oh, right! Yeah, it was - uh... something."

Nodding her head skeptically, Pepper then said, "Well, your dad should be home later on."

Margot heaved an annoyed sigh. "Yeah, well, that'll just be my cue to leave,"

Now, Margot didn't exactly expect Pepper to hear her muttered words, but she did, which caused the conversation to become even more awkward. You would think that after it's already been a few months that the raven girl would have formed a relationship with her own father and his girlfriend, and would have learned to accept her new surroundings, but from the looks of things, she was still the same old "Margot Morena" with bad habits and the thrashing price of causing mischief and havoc up her sleeve.

With that being said, Margot cocked her head back to take a large sip from her hot, pungent coffee, while you could hear hissing and sizzling noises slithering down her throat since it was still hot, almost making Pepper cringe at the sight as it didn't even sting the girl's tongue at all.

She then watched Margot set the now empty cup on the counter and lick her lips deviantly, causing her to swallow hard.

"Ahhh."