Thirty-One

Chapter 31
The Old and New

_______________♤♧◇♡♤____________

Five Years Later…

Years had gone by after the dark war for the infinity stones. Half of the population disappeared globally from the blip. The mighty, powerful Thanos had succeeded to win and destroy most of the Avengers and their loved ones, only to find himself being killed by the lightning god, Thor himself, who slashed his head off. Tony Stark had returned back to Earth. Lots of things had changed. Tony and his crew hadn't even seen each other in years after he decided that it was time to hang up the old, armored helmet and suit, and the billionaire couldn't help but continue to grieve over his lost loved ones. He had relocated to a lakeside cabin out in the woods for a safer environment for his future bringings -- which you might be wondering why…

"Daddy! Daddy! I lost my shoe in the sandbox!" Morgan Stark, who pounced on her father's lap, had exclaimed, smiling cheekily in exchange. 

Yep, that's right. Not only was he a retired superhero -- he was also now a father to a five-year-old, mischievous girl, who had his eyes and a happy grin quipped on her face. Everything was perfect. Happy marriage to Pepper Potts. A kind and caring child to love and nurture -- enough to make him happy -- but honestly he wasn't. As much as he loved this new change in his life, he didn't really think he could ever go on with life after losing the people he loved.

"Again?" Tony chuckled with a rolling look in his eyes before getting himself off the couch to peer down at his cheeky, little daughter. "Well, at least you didn't lose my car keys this time." 

"Ah, just like daddy," Pepper, who entered the living room had chimed in with a chuckle as she sauntered towards her husband. She pecked a warm, soft kiss onto his lips, which only made him smile. "Morning, honey." 

He only smiled softly at his wife as he absolutely felt grateful to have a life with the woman he loved. He then scanned her up and down as he soon noticed that she was all dressed up in her formal, white blouse and jeans with her hair pinned up in a tight bun, which only caused his brow to furrow in wonder. "What are you all dressed up for, huh?"

"Well…" The woman started, backing away from the billionaire as she then grasped the car keys that laid on the wooden coffee table in the center of the room, "since you're clearly too lazy to cash in the last bit of Stark Industries, I have to meet up with a few of your accountants to transfer some of your retirement funds of the company." 

"I was gonna get to it eventually." he muttered in defense, frowning sheepishly in exchange as he rubbed the back of his neck. 

"Uh-huh, sure," Pepper chuckled, nodding with sarcasm as she eyed her husband. "You haven't been to the company to check out your accounts in three years, Tony!"