Twenty-Three

Chapter 23
When Sparks Fly

_______________♤♧◇♡♤____________

"Hello? Hey, hey, hey, Ned! Can you hear me?" Peter, who held up the phone in his hand to his ear, while he had his other on the driving wheel as he sped down the road. The two partners had been anxious to track down this Vulture guy and find out who he was, and now that they finally have, it was all a shock to them. No one really expected Adrian Toomes ( aka, Liz's father), to be some bad guy, harming others and putting citizens in danger. Peter swerved the car into different lanes, causing other vehicles that drove by to scold him and honk their horns, and for Margot to find herself letting out yelps as they screeched across the bumpy roads. 

"Go for Ned." Margot then heard the Leeds boy answer back once Peter put him on speakerphone for them both to hear. 

"Ned! I need you to track my phone for me!" Peter ordered firmly. 

"Yeah, but where is it?" Ned then asked before he suddenly reached the tracker and was able to follow Mr. Toomes' every move just from the school's computer lab that he was in. "Ah, I found it now. Genius move. Okay, so he's just passing the GameStop on Jackson Avenue."

"Hey, where are the headlights thing on this?!" Peter began to panic. "We're in Flash's car!" 

"You stole Flash's car? Oh, that is so awesome!"

"Yeah! It's awesome! It's awesome!" 

"Yeah, and with my help --" Margot added before suddenly finding Peter heading towards a large, transportation bus that was honking at them as they both screamed before the spider-boy then entered another lane and swerved the car around in other lane roads. 

"Are you two okay?" Ned asked through the other end of the line, while you could hear chairs with wheels rolling in the background. 

"I've never really driven a car before! Only with my ant in parking lots!" Peter had explained. "This is a huge step!" 

"Look, Peter, I know this isn't the right time, but that Jock you saw me with earlier - he meant nothing to me!" Margot clarified, digging her nails into the cushions of the convertible as she began to let out shrills at the top of her lungs once she watched him swerving the car, leaving screeching sounds behind. 

"It's fine, Mags!" The boy croaked. "I mean, we're friends, it's not like I'm bound to tell you who you can and cannot suck faces and swab spit with!" 

She frowned. "Right, right. Yeah-huh, of course." 

Then that's when everything became silent. 

"Hey, Ned! How are we going with those headlights?" Peter questioned, eventually breaking the cold and distant silence once he gave Margot his phone to hold in her grasp.