Eleven

Chapter 11
Nerdy Team

___________*¿<>¬¤ฯ'´·________________

"Did Liz get a new top?" Peter questioned, resting his chin into the palm of his hand and stared at the pretty, light-skinned girl from afar, who stood on a ladder to pin up a blue banner that said, "HOMECOMING" on it. It was lunchtime, and both Margot and Peter were sitting beside Ned Leeds, who was one of their new nerd friends, that the raven-haired girl surprisingly found a liking to. She rolled her eyes with annoyance as she watched the nerdy and hormonal teenage boys eyeing Liz Allan, who was a senior at school that Peter Parker just so happened to have a huge crush on, and she looked way out of his league. 

"No," Ned replied, cocking his head to the side a bit. "We've seen that shirt before, but never with that skirt."

"I should probably stop staring before it gets creepy, though." Peter mumbled under his breath. 

"Too late," A female voice a few inches away had said, causing all heads to turn to see Michelle Jones, who sat a few inches away from the three with a stack of books that she had planned to read lying on the table. "You guys are losers." 

"Then why do you sit with us?" Ned asked, furrowing his brow with confusion, while Peter stared at her with offensive eyes. 

She placed her book down from her hands and turned her head to face Ned."Because I don't have any friends."

"I like her," Margot commented, nodding to herself. "How many females do you see tell it like it is everyday?" 

"So…" Peter started, trying to change the subject as he turned his head to face Margot, who was just about ready to devour her sandwich. "How was Soccer tryouts, did you get in?" 

"Nope," she simply replied, popping the P as she chowed down into her lunch. "Apparently, you can't throw a ball at a girl's boobs." 

Ned cocked his brow upwards. "That's not exactly how you play Soccer." 

The teenaged girl only scoffed. "Well, how was I supposed to know that?!" 

"Everyone knows that!" Peter chimed in, gesturing his hands in her direction. "You're not even supposed to touch the ball - you know what, let's just forget about Soccer, did you talk to your dad yet about the… Stark Internship?" 

"Oh, the Stark Internship?" Margot repeated, allowing her eyes to grow wide as she knew that she had completely forgotten to ask her father about a thing, and she knew fully-well that he wouldn't have agreed to what she would say to him anyway, which made her come up with the best idea that she had yet that was at the tip of her tongue and said, "He said he'll think about it." 

"Really?" Peter exclaimed with pride as he had a smug smile plastered on his face.

"Talk to Tony Stark about what?" Ned chimed in, raising a single brow upwards. "I still can't believe that you're his daughter, though, Margot. It's so awesome!"