Eighteen

Chapter 18
Best Interest

_______________♤♧◇♡♤____________

Peter jumped on top of a moving truck that was near with the help of his web from his web-shooter to come across. He had just left the hotel to track down the bad guys from his A.I system that gave him directions along the way, and as fun as it was to catch these men down, even he himself knew that it would be even better with his partner in crime by his side to take action together; the raven-haired Margot Morena herself. It wasn't like he didn't think he could or couldn't do it without her, it just felt weird being alone by himself for some odd reason. The time was around eleven-thirty PM at night, and the boy had expected that he would at least be back in time for the nationals to support his teammates and etc. He then tightened the straps of his backpack draped around his shoulders.

"One-hundred meters from the destination of closing," Peter's A.I system announced. "Jump now."

With that, the clumsy boy leaped down from the truck, and stumbled his feet along in the grass as his A.I system continued to give him directions, which led up to this gas station, which was also where the men were settled down in their large truck. "Why is there a secret Lair in a Gas Station?" Peter mumbled to himself. "That's so lame." He then jumped on top of a large sign standing right in front of the gas station to hear the three bad men's conversation from afar as they were in the middle of a heist, which the boy was determined to stop them from causing trouble. He used his web-shooter to stick across the other sign ahead, only to find himself falling flat on his face, which he was very confused by.

Peter glanced himself up and down."Hey, what the hell just happened?"

"You jumped off the sign and landed on your face." A.I system had explained as Peter struggled to use his webs, but only to find them not clinging on to anything. His A.I system had then begun to explain a variety of advanced webs and other stuff that was programmed into his suit after Ned unlocked/hacked the system from the "training wheels protocol" which caused him to realize Tony Stark really did overdo everything. He then jumped on top of a building near with his web-shooter and hunkered down.

"So... you didn't actually think that I was gonna let you have all the fun attending some dangerous mission all by yourself, right?" A snarky, feminine voice asked from behind, causing Peter to flinch and turn his head to unexpectedly see a raven, iron machine holding their stance from their armored blasters.

"Margot?" He said in surprise. "What are you doing here? I told you I had this on my own?"

Margot scoffed. "Oh, please. You know that I'm not one to follow rules."

He sighed and shook his head. "Okay, fine. Just stay down so the bad guys don't see you."

From afar, you could see three different trucks speeding down the highway, where this large, vulture-looking machine suddenly landed on one of them, which signaled both teenagers that it was the Vulture guy himself in the flesh. Both Peter and Margot made their way over to the scene almost instantly to peer inside from the large hole that the Vulture guy created with his Alien tech weapons. There was this glowy mechanism that was used to create the hole inside the moving truck.