Forty-Three

Chapter 43
Fire in The Sky

_______________♤♧◇♡♤____________

Because of the poor service and unsanitary environment from the previous hotel in Venice, Italy, the school of Midtown High simply had no choice but to pack up their things and search for another hotel resort to stay in the very next morning -- much to Margot's expense, seeing that she hardly found comfort in her bed cot in the first place. She was still furious with Peter for backing out of the mission in Prague. The Parker boy had done everything he possibly wanted -- so what more could he have wanted to do? Maybe nothing -- as she wanted to believe. The class of other students all stood in a long line with their luggage as they all awaited for a transportation bus to come pick them up. It was hot and sunny, which only made them all groan from exhaustion of the heat and fan themselves. 

"Seriously, woman! What do you carry in this thing?!" Margot began to complain. Unsurprisingly enough, the annoyed raven yet again found herself carrying her grandmother's heavy luggage. She heaved a sigh as she jerked the handle of the suitcase by its wheels and rolled it outside the hotel before wiping sweat on her forehead off with her hand. "Ugh!" 

"Material things that you could never be able to afford, my little Maggie," Eleanor cooed, patting Margot on the shoulder before watching her roll her eyes. "Besides, my neck has been killing me all morning." It wasn't long before Margot watched her grandmother grasp the side of her neck due to the aftermath from the aching pain of the tranquilized arrow. 

"Hmmmm, I wonder why?" Margot snickered to herself, grinning wickedly as she watched her grandmother strutting away from her. 

From the corner of her eye, Margot soon caught sight of Peter staring at her once she neared him. Once the two locked eyes as they were finally face-to-face with one another, both had different expressions on their faces. While the socially awkward boy sent her an apologetic smile -- the feisty raven only had a rolling look in her eyes with bitter anger and roughly bumped past him with her shoulder to walk by. Frowning at her angered grudge against him, he then strolled towards Ned Leeds, who stood beside Betty Brant.

"Okay, drink lots of water, and I'm gonna get you a Vitamin C pill," Betty began to gently grasp Ned's shoulder's for comfort. Apparently, the Leeds boy too had fallen unconscious last night after being tranquilized by Nick Fury himself -- due to the secrecy of Peter's commenced conversation about a mission -- only causing a sore pain in his neck. "You cannot get sick, okay babe?" 

Ned sent the blonde girl a sweet smile before watching her walk away from him to trail in line with the other students. 

"Are you sure you're good?" Peter began to ask of concern as he approached Ned.