Two

Chapter 2
Dinner Catastrophe

_____________*°'·'°**''_____________

The air was filled with silence when Margot finally stepped inside of her mother's teal blue and slightly rusted minivan, as they sped down the road with very little sunlight since the sky was covered with large and dark clouds, while her ears were accompanied by the car making buzzing sounds since the vehicle was slightly old and definitely not something she enjoyed to be seen riding in. She leaned her head against the window with her blue hoodie over her head and smoked a cigarette that was placed in between her lips from her pack of Marlboros, taking long drags, seeing that her mother didn't even notice a thing.

"I can't believe you said that about me," Elizabeth finally spoke up, breaking the silence and shaking her head in disappointment, while keeping her eyes focused on the road ahead of her. "I am not some desperate bitch or a hooker, as you call it!"

Margot chuckled and rolled her eyes, holding her cigarette in between her fingers. "Says the woman who had affairs with a married man for almost a year."

"I didn't know he was married, okay?" Her mother defended, frowning slightly. "Besides, that was..."

Margot interrupted, "And then after you found out that the guy was married, you told him that you could keep a secret, and that your love for him was strong. But when he rejected your ass for his wife, who had gotten bigger boob implants to impress her husband, you then decided to flirt with his brother, only to find out that he's gay."

Elizabeth scoffed and shook her head falsely. "None of that even happened. It was all just a misunderstanding!"

"Sure it was, mommy dearest," Margot replied with sarcasm, fake pouting before taking another drag from her cigarette. "Sure it was."

The scent of nicotine wafted around them, causing her mother to finally notice before snatching the cigarette out of her hands, causing her to release an annoyed groan and for her mother to take a drag from it herself, while having one hand placed on the steering wheel. When her mother wasn't looking, Margot reached through her back pocket for her red vape pen and took a drag, allowing the scent of raspberry to waft around them, only to find her mother snatching that from her as well.

Elizabeth's brow furrowed. "You're not allowed to smoke, where did you even get this from?!"

"Why do you care, Elizabeth?!"

Margot and her mother hadn't always had the best relationship when it came to being on good terms with each other. They were like a couple of fighting cats and dogs that would always go at it all the time and would soon end up turning into damage and destruction and with no definite ending.

Her mother sighed heavily, swerving the car into another lane to take. "That was in the past, back in Portland. We're not in Portland anymore, we're here in New York now, and it's time you change your ways now, Mags. You've already been expelled from three different schools already before we came here, for God's sake, and you've only been here for two weeks!"