Twenty

Chapter 20
Tense Feelings

_______________♤♧◇♡♤____________

And for the first time in her troubled life, Margot Morena was practically a moping mess that morning after her mother made her realize that she had feelings for her friend, the socially awkward Peter Parker boy himself last night. She had no clue on what she was going to do, or how she would act in front of him at school. She did muster up the courage to return to her father's penthouse that night, even though she clearly didn't want to, but her mother was still repairing her room to make it look less kitty-like instead of her own teenage age. She just knew that both she and Peter would be in a world of trouble with Principal Morita after ditching Detention yesterday, and honestly, she couldn't really give two fucks.

She draped her backpack over her shoulders before moping into the kitchen, where she heard both Pepper and her father, sitting at the table across from each other in chairs, while laughing and engaging into a conversation, but just as she entered, the laughter soon stopped instantly when their eyes landed on her, causing her to have a rolling look in her eyes as she headed over to one of the glass cabinets for a granola bar that she had planned to munch on for when she made her way to school.

The room felt tense at that exact moment as silence overcame them all, but Pepper didn't have a clue on what was going on since Tony never spoke to her about the troubled girl and her conspiring acts against him. "Margot." Tony muttered, having slight bitterness in his tone once he mumbled her name before taking a sip from his cup of coffee, while continuing to make daggered eye-contact with her.

"Tony." She thundered back, pursing her lips as she stared at him with heated eyes.

Pepper's brow furrowed with confusion as she stared at the infuriated father and daughter incredulously. "Okay, is anyone gonna tell me what's going on here?"

"I should get going," Tony announced, lifting out of his seat as he buttoned up his black suit jacket and pecked a kiss onto his confused girlfriend's head before heading for the elevator to leave, walking right past Margot as if she were invisible, but she didn't care. "I'll see you when I get home from the office, Pep."

The thing with this dysfunctional father and daughter relationship was that they were both too stubborn to talk out their problems to fix things, and instead decided to antagonize one another and bottle up their angered feelings inside to avoid talking about them, which only led to nothing but more tension. (Guessing you could say... father like daughter.)

***

At school, Margot was immediately sent to Principal Morita's office, and just as she started to head to his office, she soon noticed her friend Peter frowning, while walking right out of the office, hardly even noticing her since he had his head down.