Forty-Five

Chapter 45
The Things We Can't Be

_______________♤♧◇♡♤_______________

Inhaling a large scent of cheap cologne from her nostrils, Margot rested her head on the comforts of another person's shoulder (without even wondering who it was.) Though she was a bit dazed, she slowly found herself trying to open her eyes as she slowly began to gain strength. A slight part of her had subtly thought that the whole thing with Quentin Beck being a fraud was all a dream -- yet another part of her wasn't sure what was real or not anymore. She heaved a yawn as her eyes squinted from the beaming sun shining in her face. As she fully started to gain consciousness, her eyes widened in shock of her surroundings. Shifting her gaze, she suddenly gasped in shock once again as she finally realized who sat plopped beside her: an unconscious Peter Parker had his own head propped onto her shoulder. He snored quietly and looked peaceful; almost making Margot's stone-cold heart melt as if she didn't want to disturb him.

"Awww, how cute!" The raven girl almost jumped out of her skin from the sudden foreign accent coming from beside her. Her startled act only caused Peter to awaken from his sleep as both heads suddenly turned to some strange, grinning man with red, white and blue flags beneath his eyes, while another strange-looking guy, who appeared to be ready for a festival, stared back at them with curiosity. "Hi!"

Margot's mouth instantly went agape. "The hell?"

Opening and closing his mouth before sharing a questionable look with Margot, a concerned Peter then asked, "Where are we?"

"Manissapold Holding Facility." One of the strange men began to explain.

The other man nodded. "They said they found you two unconscious at the train yard... very dangerous."

"We gave you the shirt because you seemed a bit cold." Both startled teens instantly snapped their heads towards the third inmate chiming into the conversation. He wore a bull-horned hat on his head with weird symbols carved into it.

"Thanks," Peter replied, a slight smile forming at the end of his mouth as he wrapped this orange t-shirt around himself. "You guys are really nice. You speak really good English."

"Welcome to the Netherlands!" All three inmates greeted in unison.

Peter's brow furrowed in question. "We're in the Netherlands right now?"

All three inmates nodded.

Margot only stared at the third inmate almost as if she recognized him. She pointed a stern finger at him before muttering, "I think you and my mom used to date."

The third inmate raised his brow in confusion of her accusation and shrugged.

"Bye!" Peter suddenly exclaimed. He quickly rushed out of his spot on a bench with the neatly clean t-shirt grasped in his hand, completely catching Margot off guard as she watched him calling out to one of the security guards. "Guard?!"