xiv. part i.

"I've got a taste for men who're older, it's always been so it's no surprise." Cola - Lana Del Rey

♡✧♡✧♡✧♡✧♡

Upon leaving we stopped on the fourth floor, Zayn mentioning something about dropping off paperwork to somebody. I rocked patiently on my heels as I stood in the doorway. Zayn and the man had moved over to his desk, looking down at the papers he had. The man bent down and picked up a briefcase, handing it over to Zayn. He grinned and took the case and mumbled something before walking towards me.

"Ready?"

"Mhm."

We left the office space, going down the hall to the elevator. Workers paced throughout the floor, phones ringing endlessly, and people chatting filling the air. Stepping inside the lift, I leaned back against the wall.

"So what's this banquet for?"

Zayn looked up from the paper he was reading, "Huh?"

"I asked what's the banquet for."

"Oh, sorry. It's just a little business get together for fun," he mumbled, folding up the piece of paper and sliding it into his jacket pocket. I watched his every move, how every now and then he looked to the briefcase or how he checked his watch.

What was with him? I desperately wanted to ask, but then I didn't want to be all in his business. The elevator dinged and the doors slid open. As I stepped out I felt Zayn's hand on the small of my back, leading me to the doors. Reaching outside, the cool air hit me dead in the face causing me to fumble back into Zayn.

"Wind: one, Lana: zero." he chuckled, leaning me back up straight. I looked down embarrassed as I proceeded to the car, tugging on the door. My fingers slipped from the door handle, turning around to face Zayn. He grins, holding up the keys.

"Zayn, unlock the door already."

"I would but you're too cute when you're embarrassed babygirl."

"Zayn!" I whined, covering my face as he walked up to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close to his chest. I shivered as his lips pressed onto my forehead before he released me to walk around the car.

Zayn finally unlocked the doors and I quickly slid into the car. He plopped down in the driver's seat, handing the briefcase over to me. "Sit this by your feet, babe. I've gotta drop this off after we're done."

I nodded and took the briefcase, carefully putting it down. There was a rattle from inside and I wondered if I should ask about it.

"So after your classes, I'm coming to pick you up."

"Zayn, I'm fine with taking the bus or something."

He looks back as the car starts moving in reverse, mumbling a few profanities at the slow walkers. "I know that. But I'm still coming to get you. Oh, and I'm bringing you to my house afterward."

Well damn, he's already got my afternoon planned out. Don't I get a say in these things? Instead, I just nod and go along with it. Truly I wasn't gonna be doing anything this afternoon but watching television and avoiding studying.