xxiv.

"We both know the history of violence that surrounds you. But I'm not scared, there's nothing to lose now that I've found you." Honeymoon - Lana Del Rey

♡✧♡✧♡✧♡✧♡

"And that is why," Vincent, the team leader for section C spoke up, "I believe working with Vulcan Enterprises will be the best option."

I roll my eyes and scribble alongside my notes. I was supposed to write down primary details from the meeting and hand them to Zayn afterward.

I hadn't written but two things, which were the time the meeting started and the date. The rest were pointless doodles.

I didn't tell Zayn about the email yet since as soon as he came in we had something else to do. He was agitated when he entered as well, so I decided to wait on it. At the end of the table, Zayn clears his throat before he closes the open folder in front of him.

"Thank you, Vincent. And that concludes our meeting for today, you're all free to go." There's a pause as if he's trying to think of what to say next, "But please remember our next one is in three days and I expect everyone to have an idea next time. Dismissed."

There are monotonous mumbles of 'yes sir' and 'goodbye Mr. Malik' as everyone exits the room, leaving Zayn and I alone.

He sighs and leans back in the chair, eyes closing for a minute.  "Everyone's slacking lately and I'll be making cuts if they don't get it together."

I pick up my clipboard and walk to the other end, sitting down in a chair closer to him. Leaning over, I pick up the folder he was using and look through it.

Statements about other companies and their rankings filled up the first sheet, the rest going into detail on the employees.

"You paid attention this time, right?"

Hell no. "Yeah, of course! Interesting meeting today too."

Zayn chuckles and rests his elbow on the table, chin in his palm. "Oh really? What was it about then? Did you take proper notes too?"

"I thought this was work, not a school." I groan and lean back into the chair. "You got an email this morning, by the way. Some guy wants to do business with you."

"His name?"

"Last name was McCall. I wrote down his number for you before we left, it's on a sticky note on your computer."

"Well then," Zayn stands up, pushing his chair in, "let's go see what drama I'll get into now."

♡✧♡✧♡✧♡✧♡

When we got back into the office, Zayn had called him up and I went to "check on what emails he had received" since we left. Meaning I did nothing but spin around in my chair and scroll around on Tumblr.

It was my time to go around the offices and see if anyone had anything specific for Zayn to see, which took me almost forever. I walked back into the room with various folders in my arms, placing them into the basket on Zayn's desk before going to my little space. 

He was still on the phone, giving me a small smile and mouthing 'thank you' after I sat down.

The man who sent Zayn an email, who's name I learned was Elliot McCall, was an old client of his that he actually used to be partners with.