xiv. part ii.

"I've been waiting all night for you to tell me what you want, tell me, tell me that you need me." Waiting All Night - Rudimental

♡✧♡✧♡✧♡✧♡

I chewed anxiously on my lip as we pulled into the driveway of a large house. There were cars parked all around the place, people dressed up were making their way to the front doors. We stopped,

Zayn putting the car in park as he unbuckled his seatbelt. I did the same, clicked it and taking it off.

He opened the door and helped me out, in return I mumbled a small 'thank you' as I straightened out my dress.

A young guy with blonde hair rushed down the stairs of the entrance, giving a small wave to Zayn before hopping into the car. With his hand placed on the small of my back, he led me up the steps.

Two large men stood in front of us, frowning and looking as if they wanted to be anywhere but here. The one on the right stepped closer, sliding his shades off as the other one pulled a small book from his pocket. "Name?"

"Zayn Malik."

He looked at his companion, who nodded. "Fine, but who's she?" I looked over at Zayn, swallowing the lump that formed in my throat. His grip tightened on me as he pulled me closer, a big grin on his face.

"My girlfriend. I was told I could bring a date."

Wait, what?

"No problem. Have a nice night, Mr. Malik." And with that they moved aside and we entered, stepping into an extremely large room. But, wait. What? Did Zayn just call me his girlfriend? We never even discussed what we were. Did he just say that so I could get in or did he really mean that?

"Zay-"

"Malik! Good to see you!" A bald man wearing a navy blue suit with a little red handkerchief sticking from his pocket yelled from across the room. Zayn waved, nudging me forward and towards the man, who started walking and met us halfway.

"I'm glad you could make it, haven't seen you in a minute!"

"It's great to see you too Mr. Fitzgerald. How's your wife?"

Mr. Fitzgerald waved his hand, gesturing over to a woman who was huddled into a group of other women. "Paola's fine, we've been working things out finally. Who's this young lady? She's quite beautiful."

Zayn chuckled, taking my hand and squeezing it. He looked down at me and I guessed it was my turn to speak. "Lana McBride, sir. Thank you for allowing me to come here. Your place is just lovely."

"Thank you, sweetheart. Excuse me, I've got to see to other guests. I look forward to speaking with you again, Malik."

The older man patted Zayn's shoulder and walked off, blending into the crowd. We walked through the room and stopped near a table full of little snacks. "I think I'll take you up on that wine offer now." I nudged Zayn's arm gently.

"I need a drink myself... Fitz keeps the good wine in his cabinet, I think. I'll go see. Wait here for me?"

"Yeah, alright." He kissed my cheeks before walking off, leaving me with the table full of snacks. I wasn't really hungry, but the food was looking tempting.