x.

"People say that life is fun, But I don't know why." Life Sucks, Then You Die - The Fools

♡✧♡✧♡✧♡✧♡

I awoke to the sound of barking, my head pounding with a headache. Overcoming my lethargic movement my legs swung over the small twin sized bed. To make it worst, the apartment buzzer was going wild and someone was practically trying to kick my door down.

Wait, I'm home? Didn't I sleep over at Zayn's house? I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, walking through the living room to the door. Unlocking the door, I pulled it back. Being surprised jumped on, I screamed and fell back.

"Lana McBride! Where the fuck have you been?"

"J-Julie? Oh, my god Julie!" Immediately I wrapped my arms around the girl, squeezing her tightly. She failed to get away from my grasp, the only sound she made was muffled laughs and screams.

Julie was my best friend and it was like we were sisters. We had met in eleventh grade when she got held back. I always looked up to Julie for everything, she gave the best advice and helped me in any way she could.

Julie was gorgeous, with her short, curly strawberry blonde locks and gleaming oceanic blue eyes. Guys would always drool over her in school yet she turned them all down.

In the doorway, somebody cleared their throat. I looked up, facing a chuckling brunette. Her viridescent eyes wandered from Julie to me, before she walked in. She crossed her arms and shook her head, making the 'tsk' sound. "Damn, Jules. I leave you for two minutes and you've already found another girlfriend!"

"Sorry, Lala. I think Lana and I have a true connection."

"Julie, don't call me that in front of people! It's so girly."

I giggled, quickly covering my mouth when Ella frowned at me. A wide smile spread across my face as they bickered, remembering how much I've missed their company. I stood up to shut the door before plopping down on the couch.

"Ooh, someone's been busy! Who's the lucky guy?" Ella leaned back, putting her feet up on the coffee table. Julie pushed the other girl's feet off the glass, smacking her in the leg.

"Busy? What are you talking about?"

"Either you've been getting some or a ghost beat you in your sleep. Your necks covered with hickeys."

The blood rushed to my cheeks as I stood up, walking to the hallway. I turned into the bathroom, flicking on the light. My fingers traced against the bruises, a small gasp leaving my lips. If this was a small fling, imagine what's he'd do when we'd actually have sex. The familiar sound of Opening began playing, and I scrambled to pull out my phone. I didn't know the number, but the area code was from the city.

"Hello?"

"Fucking hell Lana! Don't you remember you have this thing called a job?" Nick screeched so loud I could practically feel his neck veins popping.

"I'm so sorry, I overslept and last night I was busy! Nick, I'll be there in thirty minutes I pro-"

He sighed, telling somebody in the back he'd be with them shortly, "Lana this is the sixth time you've been late this past month. You know what the policy is and you've broken them multiple times. Sorry, but you're fired. You can come get your last paycheck whenever."