xx.

"Baby never act wild, very lowkey on the profile, catching feelings is a no." No Diggity - Blackstreet feat. Dr. Dre

♡✧♡✧♡✧♡✧♡

It's been three days now, and I've been managing my way from working and coursework. I worked in the afternoons after class from one till eight at night, if I wanted to. Zayn suggested for me to just work the regular eight hours, which I usually did, but I'd end up staying until he was ready to go. We usually would leave around ten thirty.

I would run my errands like I was asked, then came back and did whatever homework or studying I had before Zayn came up with more errands. Work went by fast and I managed to learn new names and faces. I prayed that I wouldn't run into Mrs. Oliver anywhere, yet I did and she acts like nothing had happened.

Everything she'd said washed over me and I pushed it away, not wanting to open a wound that was already healed. That was hours ago and now I was sitting at my desk, trying to find amusement in this space. I was done with running errands since Zayn was in a meeting, and I didn't have any studying to do.

My foot tapped on the marble floors as I swiveled around in my chair, looking towards the glass walls. I walked over and looked down, admiring all the lights and movement of the city at night.

Waiting for Zayn was extremely boring, but I didn't want to walk home. I sighed and walked back to my desk, plopping back into the chair as I spun around in it a couple times.

The door creaked as it was opened and I could hear the faint tapping of shoes. I turned around to face a short man with extremely thick eyebrows and his dark hair slicked back approaching me.

I straightened up, pulling myself back to the desk. "Mr. Malik isn't here right now, I could take a message?"

"That's fine." He reached into his blazer pocket before placing a little slip of paper on my desk. His eyes glanced at my pen jar then at me. "May I?" I nod and he takes a pen from the jar, clicking it and begins to scribble down words.

He places the pen back and slides the slip across the desk, lips forming a smile. "Thank you for your time, Miss. Just make sure Zayn gets this paper, please. It highly important."

"Of course, I'll give it to him as soon as he gets in. Could I get your name, please?"

He was still smiling as he responded, "Arden. Frank Arden."

"Thanks. Is that all?" I stand, taking the slip and walking it over to Zayn's desk. I put it in the center before returning to my spot.

"It should be. Thank you for your time."

I smiled as he walked away, sitting back into the chair. The door shut and I went back to slouching around. I looked over at Zayn's desk, taking note of the paper sitting on it. I didn't read what he'd written on it before taking it over. Rolling over to the desk, I picked up the little sheet, trying to make sense of the messy handwriting.

It wasn't as deep as I thought it would be, just telling him to call him because they had something important to discuss. I pushed my chair back to my desk, opening my laptop. The sound of the door opening again made me look up, walking Zayn step inside.

He walked with one hand in his pocket, the other one swinging a briefcase. "The meeting went well?"

"As always," he smiled, setting the briefcase on my desk before walking around it and kissing my cheek. "Anything happened while I was gone?"