vi.

"I wanna be a silk flower, like I'm never gonna die." Immortal - Marina & The Diamonds.

♡✧♡✧♡✧♡✧♡

When Zayn told me we had to leave, I don't think I've ever moved so fast in my life. I wasn't going to sit around and beg him to stay, especially not with that look in his eyes. The man looked like he was ready to snap someone's neck in half.

I sure as hell wasn't trying to be that neck.

I walked fast as I could to the car, purse clutched tight in one hand, my other holding onto Zayn. He was trying not to walk too fast since he knew I was horrible at walking in heels. He opened the door for me before rushing to the other side and hopping in.

"Lana, I'm so so sorry. This date must be shit." He sighed and pulled the seat belt over himself. "I understand if you'd prefer not to speak with me again."

Did I want to see him again? With what just happened, who knows what else he could be involved with. What even was that? Who was on the phone and why were they getting maimed? How could he have enough power to get somebody maimed? Who even does that?

What and who the hell even was Zayn Malik? Was he just a business man, or was he some rabid gang leader? This man could run a damn cult for all I knew.

"Lana?"

"O-Oh, sorry. I was overthinking."

My fingers laced with the seat belt, eyes glued out the window. I was a bit scared to even make eye contact with him. I could tell he was looking at me and I shifted in my seat a little. Zayn sighed and started up the car, reversing us out and making his way to the lot exit.

"I didn't think the date was shit. I mean, it went pretty downhill but it wasn't your fault. But Zayn, could you at least tell me what had happened?"

He sighed again, leaning down and grabbing a box from the little spot under the radio. He glanced and gave me a quick look as if to ask me if I was okay with him smoking. I nodded and he continued, rolling down a window.

"Well," Zayn placed the unlit cigar in between his teeth as he searched for the lighter, "to start off with what happened on the phone, one of my boys Ronaldo, who can't do a damn thing right even if his life depended on it, called to tell me Omar, a massive business man who I do most of my trading with, didn't get the, uh, package he ordered."

I nodded, pretending to understand a word he said. My hands searched for the lighter since he was busy driving, finally finding it under the seat.

We pulled up to a red light and I leaned over, cupping my hands around the open flame as Zayn leaned forward with the cigar. I lit it for him quickly and moved back in my seat. Being close to him made me more nervous than it should've.

"You said it was business related, so it was like the stocks and bonds stuff you do in the office, right?" I knew it didn't have anything to do with stocks and bonds, but I didn't want to think it was what I thought it was.

Zayn blew out a puff of smoke and chuckled, "Sadly no. The package was something a bit bigger than a couple bonds, but I think you already knew that. Anyways, 'Naldo didn't do something right, more specifically getting the labeling correct, and now Omar's a bit mad. He's used to getting his stuff exact every time, so this is a setback for him."

"Now that Omar's mad, this little set back sort of included three dead and six wounded. Since that happened I have to clean up this mess and straighten everything out with Omar. Oh, and possibly beat the shit out of Ronaldo."

"Oh. Okay then."

I didn't know what to say to him. What would I say to him? 'Oh, it's okay Zayn. Your bat-shit crazy client guy killed a couple people, I completely understand!' There was a part of me that wanted to go home and never speak to him again.

But the there was a side of me that wanted to see him in action. How he handled cases like this. My fingers tapped against my knee, which I didn't even notice was shaking, as I glanced out the window.

"Are you mad at me, Lana?"

"I honestly don't know. It's just startled me, I guess. My parents never really prepped me for situations like this." I joked, hoping he would catch on.

Zayn grinned and flicked the cigar out the window, pulling over to the side of the road. He turned to me, making eye contact. I bit my lip and silently prayed.

"Do you want to go home? I'm asking you this because I don't want you to get hurt by being with me. Can't risk getting a pretty lady hurt on my account, now can I?"

He was leaning pretty close to me, and I could feel my heart starting to pump faster. I shook my head, lips curling into a little smile.

"No, I want to be with you. I think I'm suddenly more interested in what you do for a living."

Zayn's hand was placed behind my head, gently pulling me towards him as he kissed me. His lips were soft as ever, and I didn't want it to stop.

"Well then, baby girl, let daddy show you how he runs the office."

♡✧♡✧♡✧♡✧♡

yay an update and a new year c:

I would've updated sooner but I was gone for like a week.

oops for that daddy kink, i ran out of ideas.

thanks for 100+ votes on this fic!