chapter nine

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE.
( FIRST NERVES.. )

     It didn't take Kalia much courage to ask Sirius to follow her out of the ballroom. To the rest of the crowd, it would simply look like two young lovers going for a stroll away from the party. When in reality, Kalia needed Sirius to loosen her corset. He was clever enough to realise that she wasn't coming onto him - she hoped - and also she thought he would be able to loosen the corset so she could finally breathe properly.

     Usually Kalia had no problem with corsets and she had used them multiple times, she enjoyed them in fact but this was uncomfortable. It had properly bruised her ribs and she would be feeling that pain for a few days. She didn't want to feel that pain. She wanted to be okay but that didn't seem possible in the current situation..

     As the pair walked down the corridors, Kalia found a bathroom. She pushed the door open and stepped inside. Sirius paused outside the door, cocking an eyebrow and Kalia gave him a look of desperation. He sighed and walked inside, pushing the door closed behind him. He assumed that she wasn't going to do anything stupid or at least, he hoped she wasn't going to do anything like that. It was a topic that they had discussed and neither of them were interested in each other despite how Sirius had been acting.

     "I'm sorry to throw this on you but I need you to help loosen my corset. I can't breathe and I think it's bruising my ribs," Kalia said, cutting through the awkwardness. She finally allowed the tears to well in her eyes as she looked at him. She had to be blunt and though Sirius seemed hesitant. He didn't bother to say no. He just sighed and nodded, stepping closer to her.

     "Alright. Turn around. You might have to tell me what to do," Sirius said. Kalia nodded and turned around. She pulled her hair to the front of her shoulders and Sirius approached. Kalia then discarded the shawl from around her shoulders and let her hand rest on the edge of the sink. Her fingers digging into the porcelain. She let her eyes close as Sirius unzipped the dress. The action was oddly intimate but she tried to shake that feeling off. He was helping her.

     Her dress basically pooled to her feet despite her attempts to just pull the top half down and let it hang forward. Sirius tried his best to keep his gaze on the corset but she couldn't help but look at her. It was unintentional and he was quick to help lift the skirt back up to make sure she was comfortable. He was trying to be a gentleman.

     He then looked at the strings of the corset with some doubts before he began to untie the bottom knot. His fingers worked quickly and he soon had it untied. Though it didn't undo like he had hoped. Kalia just kept her eyes closed waiting for the relief to come back it didn't. She could feel her chest heaving now. The corset still pressing against her and the relief hadn't come. It was somehow hurting even more now.

     "Sirius," She asked as she looked back. But Sirius was distracted by something on her upper back. His gaze fixed on the scar. It was her worst scar and she didn't realise he would see it until that moment. Her stomach squirming and she sighed. She closed her eyes and waited for him to say something. Nothing came and she waited and waited before deciding to say something, "Please, don't say anything. Just help me?" Kalia asked and Sirius then moved. His hands moved to rest against the strings of the corset and he stared at them for a moment.