chapter sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN.
( ATTACKED.. )

     After her breakdown in the forest, Kalia managed to pull herself together enough. She trudged out of the forest just as an owl passed over. A letter dropping into her palms addressed to her. Her eyebrows pulled together as she turned it over. A letter from her aunt based on the seal. But before she could open it, someone had grabbed her hand.

     Looking up, she spotted James and he had a worried look on his face. He pulled a leaf out of her arm and muttered that she needed to come to class. They were in the same care of magical creatures class and it just so happened that they were a few feet away. Kalia let her hand fall and grabbed her satchel which James had offered to her. She then stuffed the letter away and followed him to the lesson.

     James kept watching her, his gaze flicking to her every few minutes. He actively chose to be her partner for the work and Kalia hated it. She needed him to get away from her. If Rabastan and Regulus came by, they would blame her even when she had no choice. She had to distance herself from them. She couldn't be around them.

     The day went on as it usually did and when Kalia finally had her free lesson, she went into her dorm and read the letter from her aunt. She hadn't seen Amelia since the morning but really didn't want to. So, she just quietly read the letter curled up in a ball. It was really just a longer but somehow worse version of the howler.

     The letter somehow made her feel even angrier. Worse. Her emotional state was heightened and the negative emotions were clawing at her. So, she decided to write a letter to her aunt asking why she hated Remus and the boys so much. It was a letter full of anger and before she even realised how bad it was to send, it was gone and she was sat on the steps of the Owlery.

     Her head in her hands as she squeezed her eyes shut. She didn't want to go to class again. She didn't want to be around anyone but Remus. She wanted to be in his arms again but she couldn't do that. She couldn't be around him. He had been taken from her and he probably hated her. Everything had gone wrong and there was only one place that she could go.

     Her safe place and she headed right for it. As she walked, she received dirty looks in the corridor. The news of her attacking Amelia had clearly gotten around but she didn't care anymore. Amelia had bullied her relentlessly for the past six years. She got what she deserved. Or that's what Kalia told herself.

     But her world crumbled when she walked into her safe place and found Regulus sat there. He had his feet up on the desk, looking through her watercolour paintings. His fingers flicking through with a smirk on his face. He then noticed her and he grinned, standing up. Kalia looked back at him and balled her fists. Her nails digging into her palms.

     "What are you doing?" She asked, trying to keep her voice calm. It didn't work. She sounded angry and Regulus just smirked wider. He pushed the chair in and walked over to her.