chapter twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY.
( MY ADDRESS.. )

     After her conversation with James, Kalia at least felt confident enough to show her face in the Great Hall for longer than two minutes. She sat down with a heavy sigh and quickly got her breakfast onto her plate. She was still sat alone. Nancy hadn't spoken a word to her and Kalia didn't entirely mind anymore.

     Nancy didn't understand and Kalia was going to let her be ignorant because there was nothing else she could do. It was just her against the world now. Regulus and Rabastan were still watching her like a hawk and she couldn't talk to the Marauders. So, she really was just alone. Her gaze flicked down the table to see Nancy and Amelia talking happily.

     It stung a little but Kalia soon had a letter dropped into her hand that completely pushed away any of those feelings. Her fingers carefully ran across the envelope before she turned it over and saw the seal. From her parents. Her fingers ran across the delicate stamp before she looked at the ring on her finger. That stupid ring.

     Before she could get lost in her thoughts, she ripped the stamp open and took the letter out. She didn't even know what to expect from the letter but when she began to read, her heart instantly began to sink. It was short and sweet and it told her everything she needed to know about her fate. The letter dropped from her palm and she turned her gaze to Rabastan. He had a smirk on his face and Kalia had to force a tentative smile onto her face.

     Him. She was going to be marrying... him. Rabastan was charming and she wanted nothing but to please him. She wanted to do everything right by him but suddenly the realisation that she would be marrying him, changed something. If she was marrying him, there would be no escape. There would be no redemption. It felt too real and Kalia didn't know what to think.

     She didn't love Rabastan. She knew she wouldn't marry for love but suddenly the realisation that it was happening was crushing. Her face buried in her hands as she took a few deep breaths. It would be fine. It didn't make sense that she was having an arranged marriage. Not really but she was and now, now she was stuck with Rabastan.

     A soft sigh escaped her lips and she ate her breakfast. It was fine. She may feel like her lungs were being crushed from the weight of the news but it was fine. Once her breakfast was finished, Kalia grabbed her bag and walked out of the great hall. Her letter left on the table and a heavy feeling in her chest. It felt like everything was crumbling around her.

     Amelia made some snide comment but Kalia didn't hear. She walked out of the Hall and headed to the one place she knew she could be alone. The painting room was compromised, the boys would come there if they wanted to find her. If she went to the forest, she could at least be alone. So that's what she did, she ran into the woods.

     She ran to the place where Sirius had spoken to her and James had brought her back inside. It was the only place she felt protected anymore. So, she sat down in the dirt. Her cloak getting dirty as she began to push her fingers through the dirt. Her satchel laying against the large root as she made patterns aimlessly.