chapter twenty-one

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE.
( RUN FROM THIS FATE.. )

     Being at home was more like Hell than Hogwarts. Kalia had received a fitting punishment for her insubordination and the bruises on her back and arms proved that. It was lucky she hadn't been hit in the face since her mother deemed her face too pretty, especially with the marriage to Rabastan. She would have to look perfect for him.

     So, Kalia had - at least - escaped most of the pain. Now she was sitting upstairs and staring down at her lap. The dress she had been put in didn't feel like her. The dark colours were the complete opposite of her usual pastel dresses and outfits. She preferred the pale colours but she was dressing according to her mother's terms now.

     It was what she had to wear, there was no say in the matter. Most of her wardrobe had been changed since she left for Hogwarts. It made her glad that she decided to leave many of her clothes at the school. She at least had part of herself to go back to rather than this darker version of herself. It wasn't her yet, here she was.

     There was a knock on the door and Kalia jumped. Her sister's head popped in and there was a smile on her perfect lips. Kalia didn't protest to her coming in so she walked inside. The door closed with a soft click. Kalia's sister - Aileen - didn't look anything like her. She had perfect brown locks of hair. It went down to her hips and always looked shiny and perfect. Kalia had always been jealous of her perfect jawline and figure that made her perfect for bearing children. Everything about her sister was perfect and Kalia couldn't be more different.

    "Those bruises need covering," She commented. Kalia nodded obediently and reached out for her wand. But Aileen slammed Kalia's hand against the bedside table before she could do it. Aileen shook her head and sat down next to Kalia on the bed, "No, let's not do that. I'll cover them up with make-up and we can talk, how does that sound?" Aileen asked. Kalia nodded. She didn't want to be hurt more and found herself saying yes to everything. It was better than facing the consequences of being disobedient.

     Aileen smiled and stood up, walking over to the dresser. She took all the make-up she needed and gestured for Kalia to walk over. The blonde was obedient and sat down where she was instructed. Aileen then shuffled and sat in front of her sister.

     "Are you excited to be marrying Rabastan? It is such an honourable offer. The Lestranges are very well-respected," Aileen said. There was almost excitement in her tone and Kalia didn't know what to think. But her brain began to run on automatic.

     "Yes I am excited. Rabastan is a wonderful man and marrying him will be a dream. After my actions, it will certainly help restore the family reputation," Kalia continued. Not even thinking about it. Aileen nodded and watched as she kept her face neutral. Then she began to dab the make-up over Kalia's bruises. The blonde hissing when she pushed a little too hard.