Part 2 of Dabi x Hero Reader

A/N
Sorry it took longer than I expected, ive been pretty busy for the past few weeks so it's taking ages to get things done, I hope this story is worth it though 😅
————-—————————————————
NARRATOR POV

Y/N: huh?

Shigaraki: what are you doing...

Dabi flutters his eyelids open but makes sure not to make a sound.

Y/N; ..

Shigaraki: Why are you actually here? Heroes don't seriously believe in just being a number to their bosses. I'm not an idiot.

Y/N: ...

Shigaraki: WHY?!

Shigaraki knocks a chair over in anger. It crashes to the floor, you flinch.

Y/N: I...

A tear rolls down your cheek and your voice cracks.

Shigaraki: WELL?!

Y/N: I... I was forced to come undercover for my agency.

You wipe your tears and look him dead in the eye, an unexpressive, cold look on your face.

Shigaraki: Of course... IT'S ALWAYS THAT ISNT IT?!

He reaches his hand out to you, about to disintegrate you. Closing your eyes tightly shut, you await his next move.

.

But nothing happened...

You open your eyes to see Toga holding Shigaraki back and Dabi stood in front of him with a flame ready in his hand.

Dabi: I'm not going to defend either of you, but Shigaraki we could use Y/N for our benefit.

Y/N: SO WHAT IM JUST A PAWN?! IS THAT ALL I AM TO YOU?

You step back and shout in anger.

Dabi turns around to face you, you see how upset and angry he looks.

Dabi: You meant much more to me before... But now I realise what you're really like... Just like the rest. Our only benefit of having you here is blackmail against the heroes.

You feel another tear drop down your cheek, then another.

And another.

And another until you were sobbing your heart out on the ground- on your KNEES.

Toga: Dabi...

Dabi: Bring Y/N to the basement. Might as well keep them there instead of up here... Just lock the door, don't tie them up.

He looks at you.

Dabi: Just give them a notebook and pen or something. Keep them quiet.

He walks away and Toga takes you to the basement.

Before locking the door she quickly talks to you.

Toga: I... I don't think you're bad. I know your true intention is to be on our side. We're just misunderstood. Please understand we aren't monsters and he's just experienced this too much in his past... Goodbye, bestie...

You can hear the cracks in her voice as she sobs whilst walking away. You look at the concrete ground and then around the room.

No mattress... No blanket, no pillow. Just a light.

Y/N: I'm sorry...

You close your eyes and lean your head back against a wall.

A couple days later

You were sitting in the basement and heard a knock at the door.

Y/N: Come in I guess...

You say, clutching the still blank notebook.

Dabi opens the door and looks at you, then behind him.

Dabi: Shigaraki am I ready to speak to them?

You hear him murmur to Shigaraki.

Y/N: Look burnt guy, it's now or never, I'm not listening if you don't say it now.

Dabi: What happened?

You look at him and tilt your head. He closes the door behind him.

Dabi: Why'd you pretend to love me. I've been through so much and then you go and do THAT?!

Dabi: Why...

You look him in the eye as he comes closer and kneels in front of you. Still clutching the notebook, you speak quietly.

Y/N: What made you think it was pretend...?

His eyes widen and you can see he's relieved it wasn't pretend but upset you betrayed him.

Dabi: You went behind our backs and-

Y/N: I'm sorry... I don't want to be a wanted villain- I'm sorry but being a hero is so hard... There's so many rules to follow and I just can't deal-

Dabi: Then run away with us.

Y/N: What?...

Dabi: Run away with us. No rules, no one to disappoint. Just a family of people who are broken or sick of society.

He holds a hand out to you.

You take it and he quickly pulls you into a tight, genuine hug.

You hear him begin to tear up and sniffling.

Y/N: It's okay.

You wipe away his tears and hug him tighter.

Y/N: I'll run away with you.

Dabi: I love you Y/N.

Y/N: I love you too, my partner in crime.