Chapter 22

Bryan's POV

I walk down the staircase, my eyes already adjusted to the darkness. I slip out my phone from my pocket, scrolling through my contacts for Sammy boy.

"I'm not in the mood for that brat, but I might as well do her a favor." I text Sam to let her know her presence isn't needed today.

Almost immediately he texts back. Why the hell are you up? I wonder and question him. He reminds me that he has work so I let him be.

After finishing with breakfast I walk over to my room my food in a tray as I climb up the steps mincing away on a piece of bread I cut for the journey.

I balance my precious cargo in one hand and open the door, leaving it open as I walk to my workspace.

I set the food on the desk away from anything that may prove bothersome, "Time for round two," I hiss with a sigh.

I sit there looking at the ceiling, my mind drifting about. The phone rings but I leave it to the side. I grab a slice of bread and an Mp3 player by the tray.

......................

Beep, beep.

I wake up my eyes struggling to adjust to the light. I place a palm on my eye and push it lightly into its socket before rubbing it.

I feel sleep impressions on my face, "That must have been a good sleep," I utter until a headache pops up.

I get off the chair and stretch out a few bones snapping back into place and my butt, no longer frozen in time.

I shut down the alarm on my phone and check the time. 12:00 My brows furrow and I feel like I'm going to be in a bad mood today.

I smirk plays about my lips knowing today will be filled with a hell lot of pointless arguments.

I take out today's clothes, a simple white long-sleeved sweatshirt, and black jeans with equal shades, and toss them on the bed.

I step into the bathroom and turn off the heater, letting the cold water splash against my skin, my bones jumping from the inside as my teeth start planning to shiver.

"Ok, maybe today wasn't a good say for a cold shower," I curse at the damn cold. I push all this away and let the water hit my face and bring me back to my sense.

I leave the house, locking it from the outside and opening the garage door with the remote. I hop on to my silver beauty still skeptical about leaving my jacket but I guess one day wouldn't hurt.

I put my air pods in my ears and set the mood. I spin around in the garage, black fume arising as the tires rain hell on the ground.

Like a bullet in a gun, I shoot out of the opened garage and head out to the road, the door closing behind me.

The wind blows furiously at my face threatening to either freeze it off first or rip it with the wind. Damn it I wish I didn't give her my helmet.

....................

"Home, sweet home," I say right after entering. I hand one of the workers the bike keys. I walk through the grand doors each step taken with arms down in my pocket.

I spot a redhead woman cleaning something off a painting. She notices me and instantly nods in my direction.

"Is the food ready?" I ask watching her dust off the edges of the painting. "No, but Ma'am is in the lounging hall master," she says politely not sparing me a second glance.

"Come, on what did I say about that, you only say master in bed," I tease her cheeks turning light pink at my statement.

"I-I'll keep that in mind," she says turning to face me with a smile. I nod at the end of our conversation.