Chapter 24

Victoria's POV

My eyes lock on Bryan as he swallows his food, his eyes waking up from their bored and empty look with a certain edge to it.

His eyes seem to budge out of their sockets for a minute before keeping back his composure, the red stokes in them evident he's having a tough time.

I pass him the jar of water, "Here thought you might need it," I say a smirk on my lips as his Adam's apple bulges from the temptation.

He grabs it from me with force but not a drop spilled and he poured his glass full before downing it all to regain himself instantly. That was nice to see.

I chuckle very lightly at how his plan fell against him. After his outburst on how I could be a hypocrite and all, he might do something if not for the fact that he looked too real to not have been pissed, not that I care but he'd blame it on the fun.

His watery eyes betray how much discomfort he's in even after a full glass of water. I figured that he might do something to the food after he had randomly called one of the workers.

I sure was lucky, I recall the move that spared me the discomfort that he is now enduring.

I excused myself using the bathroom as an excuse and went into the kitchen to talk to the worker.

He told me that he had added extra pepper to mine and had put the flame flag on mine for the distinguishing.

I then decided to switch our flags to that he'd get mine and I'd get his, a fair trade for someone who likes his food spicy.'

I find myself smiling despite the bad mood I have been in before May had overheard Sam and I on the phone and asked me to come for lunch.

Could he have been more childish by that statement, I wonder at his trademarking skills and use of 'spicy'.

He struggles with a cough and every eye turns to him, "I-Its nothing," he struggles to get out amid a dry throat.

Had the table not been too wide I would step on his foot to alleviate his pain, but I'm not that cruel.

He goes back to his rice abandoning the delicious burger and it seems I'm not the only one who notices it.

"You okay dear you usually eat your burger the minute you get it," May asks concern laced in her voice.

"No I'm okay, maybe wrap this up for me?" He asks and she nods, one of the workers takes it away.

He glared at me and I return the gaze breaking it with a smile. "So Victoria what do you plan on being later in life?"

"Alive?" I state earning an OMG and facepalm from Bryan and a sheepish grin on Sam's face.

"Touché," May says with a nod, "Honestly I want to have a job where I feel like I belong something I like while at the same time bringing me crazy moments be it good or bad," I say elaborating.

I see Bryan fetching some mashed potatoes from the corner of my eye, just how much this boy can eat.

"Do you have anything you like?" The kind woman asks and I nod noticing Sam waiting patiently for my answer.

"I love art, be it music, actual art, photography, dancing, and acting it's all amazing but I'm hoping to get into the medical field," I say honestly.

"Very interesting, we should get to know each other more it seems we have a lot in common," she says and my smile grows even wider in appreciation from how she and Sam managed to turn my rough morning mood into a good one.

"You know, I never got your last name," I say realizing I only knew her as May. "Maely Annabelle Young," Sam says on her behalf as she drinks her water.

"M.A.Y," I say a broad smile on how that would have been her initials and not her actual name.

"Snitch," she calls out on Sam who chuckles at her. I don't even get the chance to have my laugh when a soft, warm substance makes its way to my face.

"Bull's-eye," I hear the devil says, smirking right now, "No this is," my hero in shining armor and a bow??

Sam fires off his load and it lands right on Bryan's face dropping over his eye.

"You picked the wrong side today old friend," he says firing off a hail storm of peas some hitting so hard that I'm sure they'll leave little mark tomorrow.

I cover my face and hair. No way I'm letting this make my hair smell like food.

"Enough you two!" May scolds and I'm glad that there's a mother figure here as the noise and food stop.

A meatball flies to her and smacks her cheek, a light brown and red tint on her porcelain skin.

Distracted with shock, meatballs rain down on me all targeting my chest and a few my abdomen.

"Bryan! How could you?" May asks and I just look at the dress with a few meatball fingerprints and I sigh, grateful that a little washing and elbow grease should get it out.

I look at my villain, the smirk on his face only encouraging me more. With my gaze already fixed on a dish, I wink at May with my right eye.

She steps on his feet and then I let the food go as it splashes across that white long-sleeved shirt of his.

I storm off, the anger of the earlier situations now getting to me only after my revenge.

May comes to my side suffering to catch up because of a full stomach although she still maintains her lovely frame.

"You know you should calm down before you get lost you don't know this place well enough yet."

She's perfectly right, I have no idea where I'm going, talk about anger clouding your vision.

"Come dear we're not that far from my place I think I'll have something that'll fit you," she says taking my hand in hers.

"No it's okay a little laundry and this should be okay," I politely decline, "Although if he hadn't been such a jerk I wouldn't have to," I mumble under my breath.

"Sorry about him, he's been.... something lately," she says with a solemn look. "He's been more human," she states so low that I didn't hear and I look at her confused.

She shakes her head and looks at me with a pleading gaze.

"Please go and talk to him, it'll be best, Sam will just watch him without a word," she says her pleading puppy eyes too much to handle. I suck in my pride like always and agree.

She looks at me and almost hugs me but I stop her before she ruins her clothes. "I'd better go," I say walking.

"Try the art room if you know where it is," I want to ask her why they have that but at this rate, there's no point.

"One thing we have in common is that we're torn between those two," May says out of earshot from Victoria.