Chapter 9

Bryans POV

One week later

Dizzy and disoriented, my vision slowly clouding. A few swallows and two bottles of water later, the pain drastically goes down and I plop to the bed.

Well that was a waste of a good dream, I say with a groan. I take my phone and check the time. 7:20am, reads on my phone which was tucked into the pocket of my sweatpants.

If I go in this condition, something bad might happen...let's do it I say getting ready for school. The solidarity of coming early my only encouragement.

*********************************

I park my motorcycle in its usual spot and get up, helmet in hand. The winter wind blows at me, causing my scattered hair to ruffle.

Why is it today that the world is cold that I have to wear ripped jeans I wine as I take a look at the navy blue jeans and a redshirt.

I turn to face the school and see the car that I remember from last week and a glance on my watch says it's 8:00.

I recall someone singing, Maybe Im right on time for the solo walking over to the glass doors that will lead me to her, she was definitely absent last week.

The school desolate in the mornings, as usual, seem a little too silent for me. I make my steps silent as I walk slowly through the hallway to the music room.

I arrive at the door after a few minutes, and gently open the door so that I can hear something, grateful that even if it's dead silent in there, no one would hear as long as they aren't looking at the door.

Gradually the voice diminishes to an end. I guess was a little late. I wait for ten seconds to pass and make my way to the door. My eyes widen up at the person I see, Joana.

She stares at me little shell shocked but puts on a smile. "Since when did you come to school early, the world is truly changing," she says.

I size her up taking in her look, wearing an orange demni jacket, a white crop top, and high waist white slacks. "Don't know really, I plan on fixing that," a small smile on my face as I walk closer to her.

"Well, I know you didn't come here early by accident, mind telling me why you came so early?" I chuckle lightly at how she guessed so perfectly.

"There are two times a school is silent, far before class, and far after, I just find it too much work to have the teachers on my hands if I skip their class so I choose the former." She nods at my words and makes for the microphone.

"My turn for interrogation," I drop to one of the chairs and bend my leg on top of the other, "Do you come here every day so early?" She simply shrugs as she places one air pod in her ear.

"Then how come your car wasn't there yesterday and today?" I say as I take out my own and place one in my ear.

"My car's been in the shop since last week, Vicky brings to school in the mornings and Sam takes me after school but that's only going to be for this week. What's with all the questions? You working on a case or something?"

I let out a little chuckle, "I don't think the cops would work with me much less let me do their work," I say getting up to my feet.

"True. Although I wonder why?" She asks, twirling her hair with her fingers. I jump onto the stage, barely elevated over two feet, ignoring her question.

"You know you could have just taken the stairs theyre not that many," I grin as I take a few steps closer to her, the distance between us barely an inch.