Chapter 23

Bryan's POV

"May she's being rude," I pout knowing she'll come to my side. "Please we both know you're the diva here," okay maybe not.

Despite agreeing to eat, we all remain in the same place continuing our banter.

"I can be very calm," "Yeah sometimes too calm," Sam retorts finally coming to defend me although his eyes say something else.

"Just because you woke up on the wrong side of the floor is not my problem," I say haven noticed how she had tried to fake a few smiles from time to time for no reason.

"Where I sleep is not your concern," she states and something comes into my mind but I push it away a smirk coming instead at the expected comment.

"I do if it's my place or his," I say pointing at Sam. "Play all you like or whatever but at least act classy." I snarl.

"Bryan that's not something you say to a lady like her or-" her words are cut short when Victoria's face turns into that of pure annoyance and anger from the teasing smile I kept up.

Blew your fuse now did I. "At least I don't act like a whore and a villain because of my insecurities, and puts their rage on other people because I'm too stupid to understand how to be civilized."

Well, that was definitely...something. "Well that was something," May whispers taking the words from my mouth.

I sit upright, eyes fixed on her returning the cold gaze but not the sinuous glare attached to it.

I laugh a little and bow my head down looking at the floor while I close my eyes.

"You know just because you hear things like that on TV doesn't mean that it's always the case," I say my voice having a detached iciness that I don't where it's coming from.

Her glare seems to heat up and then either before repeating the process as if in thought.

"A villain is just a victim whose story is untold, and I for one have quite the story but people like you will never understand," my eyes seem to turn blank as my lips do the same only opening up when a sound must be said.

"I'd rather have everyone hate me than a hypocrite for a friend who hides how they are, cause if a story can change years of war, then another can send it back to as it was," I state venom laced within getting up to my feet slowly feeling their eyes on me.

This is why I don't like being in moods, my mouth is on free fire I say inwardly with a sigh as I turn to face the door.

"Now that we and the staff have had our entertainment can we go eat now?" I ask, my voice beaming with that akin to a child whose restless for a gift.

I look over my shoulder and see Victoria's glare return and I sigh again as Sam looks at her with a look of either pity or something else before looking at me with the same look. You'll keep on falling because you're an idiot.

"Yes we should," May orders getting up and the rest of the entourage follow her movement and we walk to the dining area. I pull over a passing worker.

"In one of the dishes you serve to the girl make sure it's a real treat," I whisper into his ear and hand him my keys.

He nods and excuses himself while all who witness will believe It is just a joy ride for the bike. We emerge into the view of the spectacular place of my second home.

Several platters of food are spread across the rectangular table, the golden and beige covers and scene giving it quite the blast of yellow.

May asks Sam and Victoria to sit opposite May and I respectively. I roll my eyes at her attempt at playing cupid. Still the same.

I scoff at May's attempt to keep chaos at a minimum but as long as she's this close to me that wouldn't happen. Food is served by one of the workers and I graciously accept an eye kept on Victoria waiting for her great moment.

...........................

Forty-five minutes of eating and talk and still no choke. I sigh as the next fork goes into my mouth at the flawed system. Of course I don't plan on actually choking her just a figurative term...I think.

Right now May has decided to put some embarrassment on Sam, his red food buried face, cutlery, and the women's laugher filling my ears. "...and that's when he almost-"

"May don't you dare finish that sentence, it's already bad enough she knows my middle name now this," he says agitated haven taken enough embarrassment.

I chuckle lightly at how all it takes for a man like him to crumble to submission is childhood moments but then again, don't we all.

"Burger round," the worker who I had pulled aside comes along serving us with burgers, his golden hair contrasting against Victoria's platinum blonde hair.

He placed her food in front of her and I notice a flame on the mini flag put on top as he avoids my gaze and another worker brings my own.

"I hope you remembered I like mine spicy," I say to her and she nods with a smile unbeknownst to them of placing my initials on the banter about to stir up.

I pick up my burger readily happy to discard my rice and multiple peas May had forced on my hand. I take out my flag, a looseness in it that I failed to care for from the delicious smell.

My gaze falls to Victoria who as usual seems to wait for everyone to have a bite first, particularly me. Don't trust me this much? Good choice.

I bite into my food Sam and May are just retiring to talk to soothe down their aching stomachs ignoring their food.

"King Henry hand may wives and partners whiles our Master Henry here is still a virgin at 18," I tease letting the food tease my taste buds by keeping it at sniffing length.

Dude, you sound like someone who takes weed, I joke at my odd comment. "Not your business if I am or not," He says in his defense and I shrug. "What was that?" May ask going mom mode before laughing it off as a joke.

My mouth can't take the pressure anymore and my teeth sink into the food taking a huge mouthful and swallowing it down. Crap