Chapter 2 - No more hiding

Bryans POV

"What's is it?" I ask right after I pick up the call. "And anyway I'll try to make it tomorrow," I add quickly before he can say anything.

"You've missed school for a week and now today, I told mom and dad I would take care of you or at least watch you, if you keep doing this they won't be happy," he says, and knowing him he'd have a grin on his face with the card he played.

Mr. and Mrs. Brooker, the two lovely parents that have my gratitude and a promise to at least try and not get into too serious trouble and I keep my promises to the letter, another reason why I have only made five my whole life.

"Pulling that card on me? That's cold," I say with an eye roll as he chuckles a little.

"I've only been in here for 3 weeks, I think you can cut me some slack."

"You were supposed to have joined the school a week ago. Go for them at least.

I sigh as I realize I can't make up excuses any longer, gone are the days of waking up at close to midday, my conscience cries.

"Fine, I'll go to school tomorrow," I say with an even sadder sigh. A faint chuckle catches my ear right before I can disconnect the call.

"That's the thing, it's 7:45 am... you have 45 minutes till school starts have a nice day," he says the last part with a wicked edge to it.

I whirl off the bed as I pull the curtains I had closed in the morning when I was leaving and sure enough, the sun is out. I facepalm myself allowing the force to push me back on the bed.

"How is this even possible!?" I whine completely perplexed by how the time changed so quickly or did I secretly dose off again.

8:35

"Just finished eating out half my fridge, not half bad," I say going down to the stairs to the garage wearing my vintage black jacket and a blue shirt underneath with black jeans.

Ah yes, the perfect bad boy look, just without the piercing, I say in my head laughing at how many schools had called me a delinquent and the school body calling me the 'bad boy', and yes I said schools.

I whine knowing that today my piercing will have to wait since I forgot it while rushing to not get another lecture from Sam.

I rush down the basement stairs to the garage to fetch my bike. I press on one of the buttons on the wall, opening the garage door the daylight pouring in.

The light argh, I hiss in my head as I am nowhere near pale a little tanned with my copper brown hair that can neither be identified as a redhead or a brunette because I'm that special.

I grab the keys, taking my helmet from the table. I look in the side mirror of my bike, my slightly dull-looking emerald eyes having very light bags underneath them.

Who needs beauty sleep when you look this good without it? I say admiring my look.

I stifle a yawn as I exit the garage and make my way to my new destination for the day, I watch as the gate slowly comes down as I speed off to my fifth new school.

*********************************

With a vibration in my left jeans pocket, I'm assured I didn't leave my phone, I look to my watch 8:40.

"Either be extra late to school and get a lecture from Sam or break the rules and ignore the traffic," I ponder.

Then it's a good thing you never follow the rules, I say internally as I speed up to a speed so fast and callously riding that I might as well be playing NFS or Asphalt 9.