Chapter 4 - End of the first day

Lunch.

The bell rings, the teacher leaving the class in a hurried pace.

As if the universe was with me, everyone including Sam and Victoria left the class behind him now submitting the work he just gave us, leaving only Joana and I in the class.

You going to leave or are you going to skip lunch? My eyes open from their relaxed rest to Joanas.

So how did you really know what to do or say? She asks as I get to my feet. I decide not to answer her.

"I can be very persistent and you didnt really shut me out earlier so why not just talk for today," she says as she gets off her seat to show a very curvy body in a red hoody, white shirt, and in skinny jeans that emphasize all her curves.

I already had an idea of the topic, so I went out to my trusted friend google while I was outside, I mutter as she walks by my side.

Well for someone who looks like he lives his life as the bad boy stereotype you really didnt sell it today. I shrug at her comment while true.

Didnt get much sleep so I guess you were luckybut. Her eyes look to me confusion laced in them

"I can show you some more stunts while the class is empty." She rolls her eyes at me, a little grin on her lips. "Your first day, I can't give you any privileges yet.

So wheres your boyfriend that would be threatening me. Her eyes look lost for a second, distant but return back to their brown warmth.

Would you believe Im single? Ah so she isnt taken So where is everyone anyway? I ask in the near desolate hallway.

Everyone probably still in class or on their way, she looks back and I follow her gaze to the few people placing their stuff in lockers and talking around them.

Well we could always get busy with a little fun while we wait, I tease and she rolls her eyes. So what friendly on the inside or are you hoping for a quickie?

I raise my hands in mock surrender, I never said anything about that but sure, still dont know this place so you pick the spot.

She seems to redden a little before her grin returns, Baby steps, after all, tomorrow you might be someone I wouldnt want.

You said your last names Heartwell, right? Doesnt your family- And were here!

With the classic look of any canteen, blue circular tables with black chairs in a large room, and a pantry near the door displaying various goodies.

Well this isnt your regular canteen, I utter at the food which actually looks like it almost wont make me want to skip coming here, almost.

You know my family like everyone else so this shouldnt have been a shocker. I nod and we both grab trays and go for our food, I buy a burger unbeknownst to me how much spaghetti they'll serve.

The lunch lady who doesn't even look at my tray skillfully puts both the meatballs and spaghetti and drenches it in sauce giving my tray a heavenly look as she places a few leaves on my food, I move to sit by Joana our backs to the wall.

Usual spot? I ask registering how everyone moves to a table like its their second home. Yeah it is, plus its more private-ish so its a win-win

I don't know why but talking to her was actually something I didn't get bored by, unlike with most other people, I'm guessing Sam choose well on friends...for now at least.

Victorias POV

I am so not passing that test, I whine, Sam, walking beside me. You always say you wont but look who ends up on top?