Twenty - Humanity

Humanity

Kai stood up from the kitchen floor. The blood Abbie had given him helped a lot. The floor and counters were covered in blood, and Abbie was nowhere to be seen. "Abbie where are you!" he angrily yelled. He followed the trail of blood into the living room where he saw Abbie drinking all her blood bags. She looked like a wild animal. Ironically, she looked wilder than when she was a werewolf. She stood up and looked at him like she was going to eat him. Kai looked around him and noticed the bag with sticks next to him. He quickly grabbed one stick and held it up in front of him. "Don't worry, pretty boy. I need you," she said while grinning through her bloody teeth. He lowered his weapon, "For what?"

A day later, Abbie and Kai were walking to school. "So, this plan of yours, are you ever going to explain it?" Kai asked. "No need, because you're not needed yet." He rolled his eyes and moved his arm across her shoulder. Kai quite enjoyed Abbie without her emotions. He couldn't easily manipulate her anymore, but she was far more entertaining. "You know, we can also go and do something a bit more... fun," he winked at her. "I would love to do some fun," she said and winked back at him, "But, I have things to do." Kai sighed, "At 1 pm at school? What possible things could you do?" Abbie looked at Kai dead serious, "You're being winey."

"I'm not sure if I'm liking this 'no humanity' Abbie. She's bossy," he joked. She didn't respond, instead, she focused on the school building they were approaching. Abbie started looking like a bloodhound hunting for prey. They entered the hallway. It was busy as usual, except, because it was lunchtime most people were in the cafeteria. Abbie didn't waste any time and began walking towards the cafeteria. "Kai, where were you?" Jo asked him and stopped them both in their tracks. Jo seemed genuinely worried about Kai, which was quite unlike her.

"You didn't show last night, and mom and dad didn't seem bothered about it. But with Carrie out there, hungry for blood, I was worried she might have hurt you," she rambled. "As if Carrie could hurt me, besides I was with Abbie the whole night," he said and pointed his thumb towards her. "Couldn't you have paged or called me?" she asked. Abbie started getting annoyed, "Come." She grabbed Kai's hand and led him to the cafeteria. Jo quickly walked behind them, "Why are you walking away? What's going on?" They both kept ignoring her. All three stood still in front of the cafeteria, which was full of people and incredibly loud.

Kai raised his eyebrow, "And now?" Abbie scanned all the tables and noticed an empty chair. "Watch." She walked over to the chair and dragged it to the center of the cafeteria. She stood up on the chair and yelled, "Everybody, listen!" Everybody focused their attention on Abbie. "Tonight at 12 pm, I'm going to have a party at my place. It will have beers and loud music!" Everyone began whispering to each other. Jo scratched her head and looked at Kai, "What is going on with Abbie?" He turned to Jo. "She switched her humanity off," he casually mentioned and looked back to Abbie. Before Jo could ask him anything else, he walked away to Abbie, which left his sister confused behind.

Abbie got off the chair as people began surrounding her, asking for more details. Kai pushed the people aside and together with Abbie started walking away, "Was this your plan?" Abbie proudly nodded, "Carrie will definitely show up to the party, and it will all end tonight. Besides, the party will be fun," she paused and mischievously smiled, "and delicious." Jo desperately caught up to them. "What did you mean with switched her humanity off?" she asked them both. "It means all my human emotions are gone, idiot," Abbie told her. They both walked out of the building and disappeared out of nowhere, which left Jo all alone.

Abbie had vamp-speeded away to a liquor store nearby while having Kai on her back. It was the easiest way of transportation. Even though, it was broad daylight no one was around to see it. At least, if you didn't count Jo. "Why did you tell her I switched my button?" Abbie asked as they entered the liquor store. "I didn't know that was secret information," Kai joked and began looking through the wine selection. "It isn't, but Jo might ruin things. Like, trying to get my emotions back." Kai nodded, "That does sound like a Jo thing to do, but don't worry I won't let her." Abbie randomly grabbed bottles of liquors and put them in a bag. "I couldn't care less what these people drink tonight, as long as they taste good."