Fifteen - Villains

Villains

The bus doors opened, and Carrie stepped out. She had been gone for three months, training with Edward to control her thirst and be able to use her powers. She was back, and now she was going to get her revenge. Carrie smirked. As soon as the bus disappeared, she disappeared too. Using her vampire speed, Carrie was at her house in a few seconds. She stood still before her house. It felt like forever that she hadn't been home. "They better have missed me," she whispered to herself.

She walked up to the door and knocked. Edward told her that she couldn't enter any house anymore unless they invited her in, otherwise, she would have broken in. A tired woman in a night rope opened the door. "Hello, mom, can I come in?" Carrie asked. The woman's eyes shot open, "Of course you can come in! Where have you been?" Carrie entered the house and smirked, "Oh, that's a story for another time, mother."

Abbie woke up in a cold sweat. She had a nightmare again for the third time this month. Every time it was the same nightmare. The dream always began with her and Kai dancing the Waltz in a big empty ballroom. Then out of nowhere, she gets stabbed in the back by a young girl who seems familiar. She then turns to Kai and begs him to help her, but he turns around and walks away, leaving her to bleed to death. She wondered if her dream meant anything. It just felt too surreal. Abbie stood up from her bed. Put on some clothes, ate and left for school. 

At school, Harmony was waiting for her. They had made up two months ago after Harmony said she must have imagined that night in the woods. Abbie agreed to make up on one condition she couldn't talk bad about Kai anymore, which she agreed to. "I didn't sleep again last night," Abbie complained to Harmony. "Did you had that dream again?" she asked quietly. Harmony had quite her opinion on that dream, but that included having to talk bad about Kai. But, she didn't want to lose Abbie as a friend, so she held her mouth.

"Yeah, I wonder if it means anything," Abbie said and opened her locker. She took her physics book out of it and closed the locker. "Maybe, yeah, I don't know," Harmony held her eyes on the ground. "I forgot, how was your birthday last week?" Harmony asked and looked back up, "I'm still sorry I couldn't come, but I had already planned to go to Italy during New Year." Abbie smiled after thinking back on the memory, "It was fun. I went to the arcade with Kai and then mall shopping with Jo."

Jo entered the conversation with a serious look on her face, "Did you guys hear what happened?" Abbie and Harmony shook their head. "Carrie is back. She showed up on her parents' porch last night." Abbie felt a bit relieved. The school had been going even more crazy after Carrie's disappearance than after Brian's. Rumors and conspiracy theories popped up left and right. Saying things like; that someone is killing their whole family one by one, that the parents killed their children, or that Carrie found out who killed her brother, so the murderer killed her.

The last one was half true, she knew, but they hadn't killed her. At least, Abbie hadn't. She must admit at the beginning she was a bit wary of Kai that he secretly killed Carrie, but when he said he didn't. She immediately trusted and believed him. The police believed there was a serial killer on the loose. There were multiple search parties to find her or her body. "Do you know what happened to her?" Abbie asked curiously. "Nope, but I'm going to ask a few of her closest friends later if they know what happened to her. Maybe, they will know." Abbie nodded and walked to class.

She sat next to Kai. "Hey, Kai," Abbie greeted Kai. "Hey." Abbie and Kai both grabbed their books out of their bag and put them on the table. "Did you hear about Carrie?" she asked. "Yeah, she is back. Jo told me this morning," he told and opened up his physics book. "Do you think she will tell?" she said and looked around to see if anyone was listening in. "Maybe, not sure. Otherwise, we'll just go to her sometime and scare her into silence," he said. He looked away to a random spot on the wall, "Or, you know, kill her."