Four - Party

Party

It had already been a week since Abbie had visited Kai's house. During that week, he hadn't talked to Abbie all that much. On the other hand, his sister seemed way more eager to talk to her than he did. That didn't bother him at all. He was more interested in getting in bed with her than becoming her friend.

"Kai get up, or else we're going to be late again," Jo said while banging on Kai's bedroom door, "This time, I won't wait for you!" Kai grunted as he slowly got out of his bed. If only his dad would let him drive a car, that could avoid all this. "I'm coming, sissy." He hastily put on baggy jeans with a dark blue Van Halen t-shirt and black combat boots. He stumbled his way onto the hallway and bumped into his mother carrying a wash basket cleaning up after the younger siblings. "Look out where you're walking, Kai!" He rolled his eyes, "Yeah, yeah."

Downstairs, Jo was tapping the floor with her feet and her arms folded over each other, "Come on, Kai, I can't be late, again." Kai seemed unbothered by his impatient sister and walked into the kitchen to make himself a sandwich. "Seriously?" she asked as if he had lost his mind.

Kai noticed Jo being hesitant about her threat from earlier to leave without him. He knew she would be too scared to do it. She always had been pathetic. She, after all, was the weaker twin.

"Look all done and ready to go," he said and pointed to his sandwich from which he had already taken a bite out of. He grinned and walked happily outside, following his irritated sister.

Jo unlocked the car, and they both stepped in. "So I was wondering...," Jo said out of nowhere and caught Kai off guard. "If you're going to the party and Abbie is going, why don't we all go together?" she batted her eyes as if they said pretty please. "Why?" he said with obvious suspicion.

He waited for her answer but then rolled his eyes when he realized it. "No, absolutely not. Just start the car." Her face looked disappointed, but she started the car to drive to school anyway.

"But you guys would be so cute," she said, breaking the silence. "I said no." Kai's voice sounded annoyed and done with his sister, which was for Jo the sign of dropping the topic.

As always, at school, the hallway was chaos. The sounds of all the different conversations, the lockers opening and closing, and the music being played without headphones filled Kai's ears. The people who normally never pay attention to anyone else, but their clique made sure they gave him the sly eyes as he walked by. Kai assumed this was to make sure he knew how they felt about him. He grinned as if that would ever bother him.

"I'm going to go to my friends," Jo mentioned to Kai and then left his side. Sometimes it felt like she was trying to hurt his feeling by mentioning how many friends she got. Maybe she wanted to hurt his feelings. Make him feel how he made her feel. Even though she knew at the bottom of her heart, you couldn't hurt him. Not physically nor mentally.

She saw Kai disappear in the hallway as she walked further away from him. She might have appeared as if she had many friends when, in reality, she didn't. Who would want to be friends with the twin sister of the most hated and feared guy in school? It wasn't as if she had none. She had a few friends, but they were ready to betray her the second they got the chance.

That was why when she noticed this girl being friendly towards Kai and not hating him. She decided to check her out and when she found out that the girl was new. She saw an opportunity for a real friend. Jo wanted to couple her and Kai because she was scared she would leave her otherwise. If she was dating her brother, Jo couldn't lose her. Sadly that plan failed after they both didn't seem interested in each other, or so they said.