Twelve - Full moon

Full moon

Abbie's first full moon was on October the 31st, Halloween. She had been dreading this day the second she realized she was going to turn again. Even though she had worried a lot about it Abbie had spent little time planning for it. The only thing she prepared was asking Kai to bring shackles, but that was more for a worst-case scenario. Hopefully, there would be no worst-case scenario and she could safely turn in the woods.

Abbie dragged herself out of bed. She sleepily stumbled over to her closet and pondered on what she would wear. Surely that wouldn't be a tough choice, but she had to think a bit ahead. If she turned with her clothes on they would rip to shreds. In that case, she would have to wear old clothes. If she removed her clothes shortly before turning it wouldn't matter what she wore. Although, Kai would see her naked. Since he promised he would stay by her for when she would turn.

Would it be a bad thing for Kai to see her naked? She naughtily thought, no it wouldn't. She grabbed a pair of light grey jeans and a grey button-up blouse with black vertical stripes. She walked to her bathroom and curled her long brown hair that was in dire need of a haircut. She brushed her teeth squeaky clean and applied some new perfume. The perfume smelled very sweet like strawberries and honey. She bought that only a few days ago hoping Kai would notice her more, which he definitely did. She smirked as she remembered their kiss from yesterday.

She walked downstairs with her chin up high, ready to defeat this day. As she approached the kitchen she was stopped by her mother. Her mother looked troubled. "Is something wrong?" she asked her curiously. "I want to ask you something," her mother replied. "Ask away," she said and threw her hands up in the air. "Do you like it here?" she asked. Abbie raised her eyebrow, "Of course I do. What gave you the impression I didn't?"

She shook her head, "Don't worry about it. I just wanted to know if you liked it here." Her mother's voice sounded familiar. Every time she wanted to move again she would sound like that. Abbie's eyes saddened, "I don't want to move again, mom." She was sick of moving. "It's okay, we're not going to move again for a while," her mother said calmingly. "No you don't understand I don't want to move ever again!" she yelled. Abbie turned around leaving the kitchen and stormed out of the house. To others, this might have seemed like an overreaction but Abbie had this conversation a million times before and she never wanted to have it again.

When Abbie entered the school she immediately noticed the decoration. The lockers had skeleton and pumpkin stickers all over them. Above her was an orange banner about the Halloween party tonight. People were dressed up or were wearing orange and black. She walked over to Kai who was hanging against his locker. "Hi Kai," she greeted him. "Hey Abbie, ready for tonight?" he asked with a sneaky smile on his face. "Of course I'm not. I'm terrified," she told, "Did you bring the shackles?" Kai nodded and showed the shackles in his school bag. Abbie was about to say something when Jo joined their conversation. She had a guilty look on her face.

"Hey, Jo?" Abbie said confused. "Could we speak privately?" she asked. "Of course. Follow me," Abbie said and took Jo to a quieter spot without Kai. "What is wrong?" she asked. "I forgive you. I'm sorry I reacted so rudely." Abbie raised her brow, "Why do you forgive me?" Jo's eyes dropped to the ground. "Because you're not the same as Kai. I was afraid you were after he told me you killed someone and let Kai siphon you. But then I realized that he lies all the time, it probably didn't even happen like that."

"Uh I," Abbie stammered not knowing what to say. Jo's eyes shot up and placed both her hands on Abbie's shoulders. "You should break up with Kai. He's a monster. I first wanted you two to be together but now.. now I'm afraid for you." Abbie's face looked confused, "He's not that bad..." Jo shook her head, "He is, come to the party tonight and I will tell you every awful thing he ever did." Abbie knew Kai was a bit psychotic and to be honest she didn't really care. She loved him and as long he never seriously hurt her she simply didn't care. "I can't I'm turning tonight," she said a bit annoyed at Jo. "Oh... Well, that explains why Kai was looking for shackles this morning."