Five - Woods

Woods

Abbie's head felt like it was spinning. She opened her eyes slowly but only saw blurriness. She felt the ground shift under her. He had his arms wrapped around her and was dragging her deeper into the woods. She remembered talking to him less than two minutes ago. He must have drugged her when he gave her that beer. She did found it strange that he already opened the beer. A soft noise left her lips which startled him. "How can you still not be knocked out?" The boy mumbled.

His breath was short and shaky. That was what happened when you mixed adrenaline with exercise. He wasn't going to be able to drag a heavy human body for very long anymore. On the one hand, that was a good thing since it gave her a chance to escape, but, on the other hand, she knew what was going to happen when they stopped.

"This is a pretty place, nice, quiet, and no one could hear you," he said with a sadistic undertone. He rested her head on an old tree. "See, I'm not that bad," he said and caressed her cheek. Her vision started to unblur, which made her see his face clearly again. She didn't want to see his face. It made her nauseous. She looked up and noticed the full moon was directly above her, shining through a clearing of trees. It shined brightly on her face, just like the sun would during the day.

The boy began kissing her neck. "This will all be over in a bit." The more he touched her, the more disgusted she felt. "No," she muttered quietly. She wasn't going to give up, not yet. Definitely not when her body was processing the drugs quicker than it normally would. The boy ignored her and kept touching her. "No!" she said again, only this time way louder. "Are you superhuman? Because your body shouldn't have processed drugs that quickly," he asked with a bit of sarcasm mixed into it.

With the help of adrenaline, Abbie pushed the boy off her. The boy quickly got up and punched her in the face, but that didn't stop her. She ran into his torso and took them both to the ground. They began wrestling and kept on punching each other when they got an opening for it. Abbie was quite obviously winning the fight, so when she got on top of him, she pinned him easily on the ground. But she didn't stop there. This was personal.

She started punching him over and over. After what he did, he deserved it. He had earned everything bad ever to happen to him. She couldn't stop punching, but she also didn't want to stop. Seeing his bashed-in face gave her peace. 

Abbie quickly realized she had to stop after looking at her hands which were completely covered in thick blood. She pulled herself away. "I'm a monster," she said as tears rolled down her cheeks. The pleasure it gave her made her feel sick to her bones.

She placed her hand on his chest to feel a heartbeat, even though she never wanted to touch him again. His heart was still beating. It was faint, but it was still beating. She wanted him dead, but she couldn't let him die tonight.

 "What do I do?" she shakily whispered under her breath. Her hands reached into her pockets and revealed a pager. She needed help from someone at the party since they were closest. The only person she knew was there was Kai. Luckily, he had given her his pager number when visiting his house because his number was so cool, 555-HYA-KAI.

Nine-nine-one, she had swiftly paged him hoping he would understand what she meant. She didn't know how he would find out where she was, but it was worth trying. She stayed by the unconscious body, checking his heartbeat, for it was getting slower and slower.

A little while later, Kai had arrived. "What's going on?" he asked but then noticed the bashed-in body. Abbie turned around to him, teary-eyed. "I... I-I think he... He just died," she said, stumbling over her words. "We can't tell...any... Aaaah," she screamed out in pain when suddenly her arm broke. She fell to the ground as more bones started to break. "What's happening?" she cried to Kai, who was watching fascinated. "Interesting," he whispered low enough for Abbie not to hear.

Abbie looked at her hand, which had turned into a paw. She had never been this scared, not even when a homeless man threatened to kill her in Chicago or when she got held up at gunpoint while shopping in a 7/11 near Las Vegas.

Abbie howled to the moon. Her transformation was complete. She had turned into a wolf. Her fur was a beautiful dark brown, and her eyes were golden. She immediately ran away into the forest, leaving Kai and the body alone.

Kai's eyes shifted around. Hopefully, no one else saw that, but his eyes quickly focused back onto the body. He couldn't just let it lay there. Before he could concentrate on what to do with Abbie, he had to get rid of the body. He, fortunately, remembered there was an old garden shack, probably with tools still in it not all that far away. 

He began walking through the forest and hid behind a tree when he heard people talking. Kai couldn't let them find the body, and the sun was going to come up in a few hours. So he really had to hurry up.

Immediately when he returned from the shack with a shovel, he began digging, which gave him a bit of time to think. Would Abbie have known she had werewolf genes? But by her reaction, he didn't think she knew. This did give him an advantage because she probably didn't know about the supernatural world.

"Werewolves. Are. Supernatural," he slowly told himself and then realized it, "They're full of magic..." His eyes shined brightly, and a smirk had taken over his face. He could siphon her without her even realizing it.

He wiped off a drop of sweat from his forehead and looked up. The sun was already coming up. He threw the body in the hole and covered it back up with the dirt, then spread leaves over it to make sure the grave didn't look like a grave.

A little further from Kai, Abbie had turned back into a human. She was stumbling around, looking for clothes or Kai since she woke up bare. "Dude, I'm still so high I'm seeing a naked woman running through the forest," a guy said a few feet from her left. She looked him straight in the eyes then bolted away. Luckily he was high and thought it was just his imagination.

"Kai?" she whispered loudly when she arrived at the place where she murdered that boy. "Kai, are you still here? I need your help." She lowered herself to the ground and noticed the body was gone. "Yeah, Abbie?" Kai asked and appeared out of nowhere holding a blanket. "Here," he said and gave the naked Abbie the blanket. "I already assumed you would be clothesless," He said nonchalantly, "You know since the clothes ripped when you turned into a wolf." Abbie awkwardly shook her head up and down and wrapped the blanket around her body.

"Did you bury the body?" she asked. Kai nodded and showed her his dirty hands. "Thank you." An uncomfortable silence followed but got interrupted when Abbie asked, "Why do you seem so chill about me turning to a wolf?" Kai grinned, "I always deep down believed werewolves existed." Abbie didn't believe his answer but was still too shaky from everything that happened, so she didn't question him further.

"How are we going to get home? I came here by bus. I don't think I can go on a bus like this," she asked Kai, who answered, "I guess we have to walk. My sister left with the car a long while ago." This town had a lot of nature but not enough nature to be completely hidden when walking back home in a blanket.

"My house isn't that far from here. If we cut straight through the forest, we'll be there in twenty minutes, and then I can give you some of my sister's clothes," Kai suggested. Abbie found Kai's sudden kindness suspicious she hadn't known him for long but knew he wasn't an "I will help you" kind of guy. Although she hadn't much choice and kindly excepted his offer.

However, she hadn't just forgotten about Kai's odd behavior. He was too calm, too kind, and he was completely okay with hiding a body? Something was up, but she didn't know about what yet. With the way he acted, the story of the gym was probably true too.

Of course, she liked the murderer, but then again, she was now a murderer too.

--*-*-*- Editor's note -*-*-*--

Thank you for reading chapter five! I'm so happy with how well this book is going. Don't you dare forget to point out my mistakes! :)