chapter 12

We got back to the leaf village quickly to treat sasukes wounds. For some reason he suffered more damage than I did, it didn't take long for him to properly recover. Only a few days.

Everyone, as in naruto and sakura, took my secret well, they had no problems keeping it a secret. Even Naruto with the constant threat of no ramen in his mind took it seriously.

One morning I woke up about 4 hours before sunrise, so I decided to go to the training field and practice my violin. I had just started to play when I felt a lot of really strong chakra nearby, I pretended not to notice and threw a kuni and 4 shuriken at the spot I felt the chakra after the song I played. The figure showed itself, I was surprised to see itachi uchiha standing before me.

" itachi uchiha, what a surprise, but I can't say a nice one." I said without hesitation. I was oddly confident, I felt I didn't need to be worried he'd come and attack me. I ignored the feeling.

" I am only here to talk. I wish no harm here this night," itachi said. I was a little surprised at how he spoke, he spoke like an oracle, in riddles almost.I almost didn't realize he wasn't warring his clock of red clouds. " I come as a ninja, not as an akastuki member, we speak on equal terms here."

" what is it you wish to speak of, itachi. If it is the matter of sasuke, I told him the truth." I told him, his face was expressionless, his eyes looked cold, but were filled with pain. His gray-black hair almost glistened under the half moon.

" I know this, and though I dissprove of your choice, it was right. But that is not the topic for disscusion." Itachi said." I must warn you, about an evil approaching these lands, the entire ninja world is at risk."

" if you speak of the nine tails or ten tails in progress I already know " I told him.

" no, this evil is stronger, one that even madara cannot control, and one only you alone have the knowledge to defete." Itachi said. Almost on cue the ground shook, not enough to worry greatly, but enough to wonder what lies beneath the secret it holds.

" let me guess, this evil just caused that." I said. " and it is aproaching fast, conquering and devouring everything in his path."

" you catch on quickly. That is a good thing to come from one such as you." Itachi said. I was a little flattered at how we spoke, equally good with words.

" I see no need in thanks in your eyes," I said. " is there more to tell of this evil and its origins?"

" none that need be said this night. Tell none of this conversation. It is vital you understand this."

" not a soul will learn of your presence, the only living thing to know would be the birds amongst the sleeping trees and still wind." I promised. Itachi nodded aproval.

Itachi turned to leave, turning his head to say one final thing," you play well violin." He finished before jumping into the trees.

I'll admit I was surprised at the compliment. We spoke almost exactly alike, and I wondered what his compliment was for. I figured there was more than met my eyes in this world.

He came in person. Not a crow clone. He must have been confident. I thought to myself.

I sat down under a tree thinking over what itachi said. And why he came the way he did.

" we speak on equal terms here" I remembered him saying. I was still confused on why he came this way. Was it because he'd be betraying madara if he came as an akastuki? Or was it because I was an uchiha? It was hard to figure out. But the more I kept thinking about why itachi came to me, the less I think about the big problem, why the ground shook.