Chapter 55

*Jay's POV*

"I can't understand what took you so long to ask her. I lost money because of you." Adam looked at me offended when Erin and I were back in the bullpen a few days later.
"You guys did bets?" Erin looked a bit shocked.
"Pretty much since the second we found out you were pregnant." Hailey smirked.
"So who won?" Now I was curios.
Antonio pulled fifty dollars out of his pocket and waved it in front of my nose.
"You guys really bet on everything." Erin shook her head in disbelief and then everyone went back to their desks because Voight came out of his office.
"Erin I want you to go to headquarters and answer the emergency calls. I can't clear you for full duty yet and I don't want you to just sit here." My eyes immediately went over to Erin because I knew how much she wished she could work normally again, because she hadn't had a chance since she got Niran.
"Is that really necessary? I feel totally fine, Hank." But he just shook his head and Erin accepted her fate.
"See you at home later." Erin gave me a quick kiss and then was on her way to headquarters.
"For the rest of you I got just some paperwork." Voight shrugged his shoulders and walked back into his office.

*Erin's POV*

"Hi. I'm Detective Erin Lindsay. I was assigned here for the day." I introduced myself but the lady didn't really care.
"Yeah. Nice. Find a phone and then start working." She gave me a black short with the inscription 911.
After putting it on, I went to the working room. It was large and the workplaces were separated by cabin-like walls.
I then looked for a spot and started working.
Once while I was at the academy we were shown how to work in this job so I knew how to answer calls.
The second I logged in the phone rang.
"911. What's your emergency?" I answered the phone and the voice on the other end sounded like a young girl.
"He got me in his basement. You need to help me." She was whispering really quit. I could see her location on the monitor and immediately dispatched a patrol car.
"What's your name?" I tried talking to her so she would keep calm.
"Anna." Her voice was trembling.
Aright Anna. I'm Erin. I've already sent a patrolcar to the house you are in. They will be there in no time, okay?" Suddenly the line was dead.
"This is dispatch for Squad 21-13." I grabbed my radio.
"21-13 is listening." Answered me a women.
"Have you already arrived at the location? Because I can't reach anybody anymore." I was worried about the girl.
"We just arrived. Going in now." There was no time to worry about the girl anymore because the next call came in.
"911. What's your emergency?" I answered the phone again.
"I got shot!" A man screamed so loud I almost ripped off my headphones.
"Alright. Try to calm down and can you tell me where exactly you have been shot?" I sent a patrol car and an ambulance to his address.
"Got hit at the shoulder." Now his voice was a bit lower.
"Alright. I'm going to end this call now because I can hear sirens in the background and I can see that the ambulance arrived." I ended the call and it immediately rang again.
"911. What's your emergency?" I answered alot of calls. After four hours I had a lunch break during which I called Jay.
"Hey babe. How's going?" Jay answered my call immediately.
"It is super exhausting. I don't even know if the people that call make it." I sighed.
"I'm sure they did. But today your job is to just answer the phone and not to actually chase down the criminals." Jay tried to make my bad thoughts go away.

*Jay's POV*

When Erin came home later I had already made some dinner at so she didn't need to think about doing that aswell.
"My angel." She leaned into my open arms and I rested my chin on her head.
"Heard you over the radio a few times. You did a good job." I smiled at her and when she looked up I kissed her.
"Maybe. But it does bother me that I don't know how the people are doing." I wrapped my arms closer around her and we stood like this for quite a while.