Chapter 83

*Erin's POV*

I had my feet on my desk and was looking at the stairs, waiting for the unit to return.
And then I got lucky because a few minutes later I heard Adam and Kevin making jokes about Jay but I was shocked for a moment when I saw Jay.
"What did happen to you?" Jay had blood smeared over his face.
"Our suspect got my with his elbow pretty good." Jay gave me a crooked smile and I wet a rag and carefully wiped the blood off his face and Jay winced when I hit his nose.
"Sorry." I said, but couldn't help smirking.
"You're cruel." Jay took the rag from me and went on because he didn't seem to trust me anymore.
"Sometimes. Do you want to go to the hospital? Because that nose doesn't look good." I looked questioningly at Jay's nose.
"Maybe." Jay looked in the mirror.
"I'll drive." I grinned at Jay and he nodded.
"Guys we're going to Med for a while." Adam raised an eyebrow.
"Does it hurt that bad, buddy? Want a kiss?" Adam blew a kiss at Jay.
"I can give you a broken nose if you want?" Jay offered.
"I'll pass." Adam raised his hands and then Jay and I left.

*Jay's POV*

"What happened to you again, buddy?" Will raised and eyebrow when Erin and I walked into the ED.
"He was looking for a fight again." Erin shrugged her shoulders.
"Didn't I told you to look out for him?" Will looked reproachfully at Erin.
"Unfortunately I'm tied to the desk." Erin pointed to her belly, which was already visible.
"Right. This guy here knocked you up again. Forgot it for a second." Will smirked.
"Yes I did but I guess it is non if your business, is it?" I rolled my eyes at my brother.
"Kinda true." Will finished looking at my nose.
"I mean your nose is definitely broken. So you should stay out of fights for the next weeks. You know, stay at the district and spent some time with your wife." Will said and Erin and I nodded.
"Alright then back to the district we go." Erin grabbed the car keys.
"Whoa Erin sit here for a second. You're a little too pale to just let you two leave because I don't want you to fall ir faint." Will was right, Erin's face was pretty white and I wanted to support her, but she just sat down on the chair.
"It's fine you guys." Erin raised her hands to fend off.
"If you are in pain this would be the time to say it." I looked concerned at Erin and saw some tears welling up in her eyes.
"No pain. Just emotion." She tried to suppress the tears.
"I could really give you an IV if you need anything." Will didn't seemed convinced.
"I'm fine." I saw that Erin couldn't really hold back her tears, but knew that she didn't want to cry in front of Will, so I pushed my brother out without further ado.
"Babe what is it?" I put a hand onto her shoulder.
"I don't know. I just thought that if you get seriously injured like more than a broken nose might even die then I'm alone with our kids." A tear ran down her face.
"I won't. I'll be fine." I put my arms around her.