Chapter 79

*Erin's POV*

"So what do you got?" Jay jumped up the last two stairs.
"I've been checking the security footage from around his house since Hank doesn't want me to go there and a few days before he came back from the military a blue Honda was standing in front of the house several times a day, but it stopped two days ago, from that moment the family disappeared." I showed Jay some footage.
"Alright. Can you see a license plate?" I zoomed in but there was non.
"Would have been too easy." Jay sighed.
"Jay." I grabbed his arm and got his attention.
"We'll find his family. And you know we will." Jay nodded but didn't seem so sure.
"I know that you will do everything possible to bring this man back together with his wife and daughter. That's just who you are." I pulled him down briefly and gave kissed him.
"Maybe. Let me call someone, okay? Be right back." Jay left me alone in the bullpen and went down the hall to the interrogation rooms.
A few moments later he came back.
"Who'd you call?" I was curious to maybe meet a army buddy of his and got lucky.
"I called Mouse. He was in my unit in Afganistan." I remembered Jay telling me some stories about his friend Mouse and was happy to finally meet him.

*Jay's POV*

"Hey man." Mouse grinned when he saw me standing at the door.
"Never figured that you would become a successful cop." He gave me a bro hug.
"Am I arrested, officer?" Mouse's voice was dripping of sacasm.
"It's Detective. And maybe if you don't help out good enough I'll think about it." We walked inside the district.
"Of course. The man feels better and must have the higher rank, reminds me directly of the old days." Mouse punched me gently in the side and I just shrugged my shoulders.
"Let me introduce you to my wife, Erin Lindsay." Erin looked up as we came up the stairs.
"Erin, this is Mouse." Mouse held out his hand briefly to Erin.
"Nice to finally meet you. Heard lots of good things about you." Erin smiled at Mouse.
"If the things came out of Jay's mouth I doubt they were good." Mouse looked at me out of the corner of her eye.
"To my offense, this guy is a total jerk." It was great seeing Mouse again, but there was a reason he was here.
"Since you are a little more technically talented than I thought it would be helpful to let you come by, there is a nightclub near the Honda and they certainly have security cameras, can you hack the cameras and look at the material?" I raised and eyebrow and Mouse started to do it immediately.
"Take all the time you need." Erin was just about to go get something to drink.
"Already in. Guess this is your part now." Mouse stepped back and I sat down at the desk.
"Perfect." The camera had recorded the vehicle in such a way that it had a view of the driver.
I went over to my desk and grabbed my radio.
"50-21 George, requesting to put out a flash." I radioed.
"All units: Stay off the zone. Go with your flash, 50-21 George." Dispatch answered me.
"I'm looking for a blue Honda, estimated year of construction 2012, probably without a license plate and with a dent in the right side. The driver is in his mid-forties, with short gray hair, I can't describe his size." I ended my description.
"This is Squed 21-13 for 50-21 George." It didn't even took a minute to get an answer.
"Go for 50-21 George." Erin and Mouse looked at me.
"We've just seen your described car and driver, do you want us to pull them over?" The officer asked.
"No. The guy could be really dangerous. Just follow him please and give me the location as soon as he stops." I radioed back.
"Did you guys hear it over the zone?" Erin had taken our intelligence radio.
"Yeah. We're gonna hit the adress as soon as we get one. Everyone vest up." Voight radioed.
"Copy." Erin said.
"You're not going." Erin looked up and then her face changed.
"Ouh c'mon it's so early." She begged.
"No way. You're staying here. If you don't promise me to stay I'll have some officers at the exits." I raised and eyebrow and Erin sighed.
"Alright. I'll stay here." She gave me another quick kiss and then Mouse and I went downstairs.
"I don't mean to say something, but isn't it like your job to go out there?" Mouse asked a bit confused.
"Yes it is. But Erin is pregnant and I don't want her in a situation like this." I explained to him.
"Well then I guess congrats, man. I mean, it's yours, right?" Mouse smirked.
"Ger outta here." I rolled my eyes but still had to smile.