Chapter 68

*Erin's POV*

When I walked up the stairs the first think I looked at was Jay's desk but it was empty and didn't seem like someone had used it in the past days.
"Hey kiddo." Hank walked up to me.
"Hey." I gave him a brief smile.
"You don't happen to know where your husband is?" Hank raised and eyebrow.
"No. Actually I wanted to ask you the same thing. Jay stormed out of the house last night and I haven't seen him since." But I didn't bother to think about him anymore because I really didn't care what he was doing right now because I wanted to focus on work and not on him having some issues he didn't want me to help him with anyways.
"Guys we got a hostage situation at a bar." Antonio came running up the stairs.
"Well then let's hit it." Voight nodded at me and then we went down to the parking lot.
"Good to have you back." Hailey gave me a smirk when we were driving to the bar.
"Yeah. Feels good to be back. Even if it is strange because I just got used to have Niran all the time around." We got out of the car because we arrived.
"Erin come here." Adam signaled me to walk over to him and Kevin.
"Yeah? What's.." I interrupted myself because they were standing in front of Jay's PickUp.
"You think he's in there?" Given the fact that the bar was the only thing he was interested in because the shops around were beauty salons I agreed with Kevin.
After the whole unit arrived we walked closer towards the bar and took cover behind our cars.
"Chicago PD! Let the hostages out and no one will be harmed!" I yelled and got some gun shots as answers.
"10-01. This is 50-21 Lincoln. We are taking heavy fire." I had grabbed my radio.
"Copy that 50-21 Lincoln. Backup is on it's way." Dispatch answered me.
"In case you didn't know I have a cop in here and he will be killed first if anyone comes near the building!" A male voice yelled.
"We need to have proof he is unharmed!" Voight got a bit up so he could take a proper look at the bar.
As I had expected it Jay got brought out. The man held him like a protection shield in front of him so we had no chance of shooting him.
"I'm fine. And Erin don't try anything stupid." He looked at my car and our looks locked for a moment.
"Alright back inside with you. Enough." They both walked backwards back inside.
"Does anyone have a plan how many hostages he has?" Adam looked at us but we shook our head.
"So Jay can't overwhelm him alone so he have to get in there." Kim was sitting next to me and Hailey.
"That's to risky. If we start shooting in there civilians will be hit in the crossfire." Voight shook his head.
"Bang bang ladies and gentlemen." The guy shouted and fired a few rounds into the sky.
"What do you want?" Kevin yelled and the shots stopped.
"I wanted your attention." He got an answer.
"Well you got our attention now so what you want?" I looked up but ducked down quickly when he fired a round at me.
"You guys never care about me! I called you often because of fights but you only sent some rookies who couldn't handle the situation. No one ever cares about me!" He shot at my car and I didn't need to look at the others to know that we all knew that the situation started to escalate.
"Cover me." I whispered and Hailey nodded.
Hailey changed the position of her gun so she could shoot.
"Go." She said and I ran across the street to another position while Hailey fired towards the door so the man needed to look for some cover and couldn't shoot me.
"Guys I got a position where I could get him if he would step outside again like he did it with Jay." I whispered it into my radio.
"Copy you. I'll try something." Kim answered me and Hank approved.
"If you want we can talk about it and I can give you my business card so you can personally call me when something happens next time and I will be right there." Kim offered and our bar owner seemed pleased.
"Alright but as a sign that we can trust you you need to show us someone else so we know that the people aren't hurt." Adam joined the conversation and made the man hesitate.
"That's a really good offer you just got. And because I know that you are a good men there will be no problem for you to show us someone, right?" Kevin asked and a few moments later he cane out with a women.
She seemed terrified but who wouldn't under the given circumstances but seemed fine.
"I got the shot." I spoke suoer quietly so that there was no way he would hear me.
"Hit it." Hank answered me and I targeted his shoulder.
My gun went off and it was a good shot. He went down to the ground immediately.
The women stumbled towards Hailey and Adam and Kevin were chuffing out offender.
"Jay!" I ran inside the car and there he was.
"You're alright?" I looked him up for injuries but exept for a black eye there were non.
"I'm fine. Let's just get out of here." Jay's  breath smelled like pure alcohol and he was swaying a bit while walking.
It turned out that he and the women were the only hostages because somewhere around 12am wasn't the hour were a bar was most visited.