Chapter 1

I grab my stuff from my locker and slam it shut, only to find a guy with bleach blonde hair and hazel eyes jump in front of me.

Paul.

He was my best friend. practically the only one who noticed me in this school. This hell hole of a Fucking school.

"So....I heard Abby's having a party tomorrow. Am I invited?" He asked. Abby, was my stepsister. My enemy also. Weird how that works out.

"And? I have to be there. You know how se is with her mom. Her mom makes me do all the chores while they lay on their lazy ass and shit." He laughed.

"Your real funny, you know that?" He said as we started walking to first core. "No I thought I was as boring as Clifford the big red dog." He laughed again.

Seriously, what was so funny about that?

"Come on ash." He said. "We gotta get to class." I rolled my eyes. "Who needs class?" I smiled. We both stopped walking. "You skipped school last week. And your family almost found out. Are you sure?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Certain."

***

We probably shouldn't have skipped. Because now we were running from the cops. Yet we laughed and kept pouring drinks down our throats.

It was a rush.

We were out of breath once we lost the cops. They can't run at all.

We were back at the school. Lunch was about to start so we could just sneak back in. I was leaning over with m hands on my knees.

"Those cops can't run worth a piece of shit." I said. "Tell me something I don't know." He said. We laughed.

Once we caught our breath we walked casually back Into the school. Like we hadn't just ran from a cop.

We got our lunch without laughing a bit. But we laughed our asses off at the soccer field.

As we laughed and almost choked on our food he asked "hey ash?" I looked per at him and replied with "yea?" "Do you think prim could come?" Here we go with his little crush again.

"I'll ask her. But you know she's not the social type Paul. Don't expect anything."

He sighed.

"I know. But I really want I talk to her more." He said. "Then talk to her. What are you afraid of?" He rolled his eyes. "I'm not afraid.....just nervous. I wish she was as ugly as you so it'd be easier."

I punched his shoulder, almost making him fall backwards. But he caught himself. "You dick." I said. We both laughed. "But seriously.....just pretend she's me. You talk to me just fine." "Yea but....that's different....your you. She's.....I don't know."

UGH! This stupid shit again.

I grabbed m plate and started to walk off the bleachers. "Well I don't want to sit here and listen to you blab away about your so called crush so I'm gonna leave."

I should've watched my step a little, because I fell right off the side of the bleachers. I was about I scream before someone caught me.

I spun my head to meet eyes with my stepsisters boyfriend. She's kill me if she saw me like this. My arms were around his neck as he held me.

I gulped. He smiled and whispered "sorry." I wasn't smiling, Abby would KILL me.

I pulled away and he let me down.

"Your....Ashley right?" He asked. I nodded. "Thanks for catching me." I said turning around. I started to walk away.

Then all of a sudden, he grabbed my wrist and made me turn backs around. "I'm Jacob."