Chapter 3

I open the from door and walk in.

"Kyle! I'm home!" Kyle was my adoptive dads name. As my stepmothers name was Carly. Then...came my stepsister. Abby

"Finally. Where were you at, young lady?" He asked standing from the couch. He looked down at my skateboard and helmet in my hands.

"You were at the skate park weren't you?"

I rolled my eyes. He never liked the idea of skating. "Yes I was. Now I'm home. And I'm going to get a shower and go to bed. So goodnight!" I threw my hands in the air as I walked up the stairs.

I out down my skateboard and helmet and slid off my knee and elbow pads. Then grabbed some cloths and got in the shower. In the middle of my shower I heard something in my room.

What?

I thought I locked my door. I got out and got dressed in a tank top and yoga pants. Then walked out of my bathroom.

"What the hell Jacob?!" I yelled. He had just climbed through my window. "Shut the fuck up!" He whispered loudly.

He closed the window and fell of the floor, while grasping his side. Was he hurt? "What's going on?" I asked.

"Well.....I was snowboarding and Sam was betting on me to win. Then she wouldn't give me the money. So I tried to get it from her and she sent out people to try and fucking hurt me. They got what they wanted."

He leaned on his back and clutched his side. While clenching his eyes shut. He opened them for a split second to look at me, then closed them.

"Do you need help?" I asked. He slowly nodded. I walked over to him, lying on my floor, and bent down. "People bet on you?"

That's the question I had to ask?!

He opened his eyes and smirked. "Yep. I've seen people bet on you to. I know why. Your pretty damn good at skateboarding. For a girl."

I frowned and squeezed my eyebrows together. "What do you mean, for a girl?"

"Your a girl. Girls usually can't skate. Or snowboard either."

Sexist!

"Your a real dick you know?" I said. He smiled.

"And your asking a lot from someone who already doesn't like you." I finished.

"What? You don't like me? Damn. I was trying to get both the Collins sisters." He joked. I punched his shoulder.

He grabbed it with his free hand. "Hey I thought you were going to help me, not give me more bruises." I laughed.

"So are you gonna show me your hurt spot or not?" I asked. He sighed and lifted up his shirt. He had a good 6-pack of breathtaking abs.

Stop staring. I told myself. I looked over at his wound. It was a a decent size scratch. I sighed and stood up.

"I'll be right back. I need to get some alcohol and bandages." I said. I started walking to my bathroom.

"Alcohol? Damn. Your already partying? You know that's tomorrow tight?" He asked from my room. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the stuff and went back ini my room.

He laid on the bed, shirtless. With his arms over his eyes. I bit my lip to make myself not stare. I walked over to the bed and sat down beside him.

As I started to pour a little alcohol on his wound he flinched an grabbed one of my sheets and clenched it in his fists. "Why isn't your girlfriend doing this?" I asked.

He looked up at me. The leaned his head back down and closed his eyes. "Because se doesn't know shit. Even if I told her how to do it, she wouldn't know how." He said.

He sounded frustrated. "She's like the with everything." I said as I finished pouring out the alcohol and started getting the bandage. He leaned up straight in the bed.

"Yea...I know." He mumbled. I started tapping it to the side of his upper chest.

"Then what are you daring her?" I asked looking up into his eyes. His beautiful blue eyes.

He looked down at the floor. "I've tried breaking up with her before. But it doesn't work."

"What do you mean it doesn't work?" I asked finishing up the bandage.

"I mean, every time I say that I don't want to date her, she flips out and we get in a fight. I've tried a least four times."

I laughed and stood straight. He looked at me with a confused look. "Your so stupid, you know that?" I asked him. He looked a little mad now. "How?" He asked.

"You can't let her make all the damn decisions for y'all's relationships. Especially if you want it to end." Then I frowned. "W...why do you want it to end?"

He stood. "Because I thought by dating her, then if get someone's attention. But it didn't work out that way. So I want to end it." What?

"I thought....you guys were like, in love." He laughed at what I said. "Your funny Ashley. You know that?" I raised my eyebrows in confusion.

"Yea. I get that a lot....but I don't understand." I said. He shook his head and grabbed his shirt. "You'll know sooner or later." He said before jumping out my window and onto my roof. Then to the ground.

What just happened?

***

I woke up and slid on some pants. Then a grey tank top. Then slid my jacket over it and zipped it up halfway. The grabbed my black and white converses and put on my knee and elbow pads. Along with my favourite hat. I put it on backwards an parted my hair to the left. A little in front of my eyes. But my hat kept it away.

I also grabbed my phone and headphones and started playing sleeping with sirens. Kick me.

I wet downstairs and grabbed a granola bar before heading off to the skatepark before school.

Once I got there I wasn't alone like us usual. I saw Jacob.