Chapter 21

"I can't believe you didn't tell me you invited them!" I said to prim as Jacob and Paul got out of the car. "I knew you'd leave if I told you!" She yelled back as she went to open the door.

I pouted and went over towards the door and leaned against the steps. "Be nice." She said.

She grabbed the doorknob and turned it. Paul gave her a hug before he and Jacob entered the house. Jacob came to me right away. "Please listen ash." I leaned off the steps and started walking down the hall way.

"Ash please! It's a misunderstanding!" He yelled as he chased after me. I kept walking away from him. "Ash I'm sick of this. Look at me." He said as he grabbed my hand and turned me to face him.

"Let go of me! I don't want to hear what you have to say!" I said as I hit him on the chest with my hand multiple times. He grabbed it and stopped me with his other hand. "Stop it ash! You'll want to hear it when I tell you!" He yelled.

I looked up at him and felt the tears come down my face. "Ash.....please let me tell you what happened." He pressed his forehead to mine.

"She trapped me to the couch and I tried my best to get her off. I promise you. Please believe me. I can't stand her. I hate her guts. Ash....your the one I want to be with. Your the girl of my dreams. I don't want to ever let you go. I can't ever get you out of my mind. I dream of you every night. Dream of us in that pool. Dream of how happy you looked by just being there with me.

Hell ash.......I don't like you.....I love you."

I froze.

I stiffened.

He....loves me?

Jacob conner....loves me?

Is this even possible? All he does is use girls. He used me. At least that's what I thought BEFORE he told me what actually happened. Now I wish I had listened to him earlier.

"Ash. Say something." He mumbled as he stroked my cheek with hiss and cupped around my face and his thumb wiped away my tears. "I....I don't know what to say." I mumbled through my tears.

"Do you believe me?" He asked.

Do I?

Gosh knows I want to.

"Y-yea......I do." I whispered. A smile lit across his face, right before he kissed me.
I was half tempted to pull back. But way more tempted to make up and forgive him. So i closed my wyes and kissed him back. What he said made since. Abby would do something like that so it's not hard to believe she did.

I just wish I could've let him explain himself earlier on. God, why am i so stupid and stubborn.

But what most shocked me.....was that....he loved me. The main question was.....did I love him back?

This kiss practically told me. How soft it was. He didn't try anything to big like last night. He kept it soft and slow. Like He didn't want to scare me off or something. I found that funny since the first time we kissed it was WAY different. So I smiled through it.

I pulled back just enough that our lips were barley touching. Our breathing picked up just a little. "Jacob." I whispered. He smiled and again stroked my cheek. "Yea ash?" He whispered back. "I.....I love you to."

"Really?" He asked.

"Yea...it took me a while but...yea."

He smiled and kissed me once more. He did it my favourite way. Soft and rough.

My favourite.

***

"So in guessing you two made up?" Prim said from under Paul's arm. I looked up at Jacob and smiled. He smiled back. "Yea. We did." I said. "Thank gosh." Paul said.