Isobel

Alaric looked at the woman, the shock clearly written all over his face

Alaric looked at the woman, the shock clearly written all over his face. He had spent years looking for her, only for the woman to approach him in a bar on a seemingly regular night.

"It's good to see you." She broke the silence. "You look good. I hear that you're a high school history teacher? How's that?"

Alaric narrowed his eyes at her. "Where have you been, Isobel?"

Isobel paused, the infuriating smile still firmly planted on her lips. She cocked her head to the side. "I don't have any reasons that are gonna comfort you. I don't have any explanations that are gonna satisfy you." She paused briefly before she continued. "I wanted this."

"It's that simple?"

"Yeah." She nodded. "You were supposed to mourn me, and move on."

Alaric let out a bitter laugh, raising his glass for the first time since the woman had shown up. "You were my wife, and I loved you." He placed the glass down on the bar top. "How could I not search for you?"

"Because I wasn't lost, Ric." She answered and Alaric just shook his head in disbelief. He didn't bother answering.

This couldn't be the woman that he had fallen in love with.

Alaric looked over to see Isobel reaching into her purse and pulling out a piece of paper. She wrote something on it before she looked up at him again. "I understand that you know my daughters, Elena and Adrianna. And I hear they've been looking for me. So..." She trailed off as she shoved the piece of paper towards him. "I want you to arrange for a meeting with us."

The teacher glanced down at the paper before looking back up at her. "You want me to deliver a message?"

Isobel simply smiled, her eyes never leaving his. "Yeah."

Suddenly, Alaric's anger got the better of him. He had spent so much time looking for her and she couldn't care less for him. Couldn't even pretend to.

He got up from the stool angrily and threw the piece of paper back at the woman in front of him. "Screw you, you selfish bitch." And then he left.

In the parking lot, he was fiddling with his keys, the alcohol finally catching up with him, when he heard a rush of wind behind him. He turned to see Isobel standing there, the strange smile still on her lips.

"What do you want from me?" He asked exasperatedly, wishing that the woman would leave him alone.

"I told you."

Alaric narrowed his eyes at her. "I'm not gonna do anything for you." The words were barely past his lips before she rushed forward and grabbed his throat. She squeezed and shoved him against his car, revealing her fangs and the veins beneath her eyes.

"You better tell Elena and Adrianna that I want to meet or I'm gonna start killing the citizens of this town one by one and I'm gonna start with your history students." She gave his neck a final squeeze before her fangs retracted. "Got it?"